Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure but I think its sort of halfy halfy between then two. Anyway here is my list against it, what do you guys think?

Wave 1:
Ku'gath
4 x crushers - icon, fury, instrument
3 x flamers
15 x letters - icon
5 x horrors - changling, bolt
1 x grinder - tongue, phlegm
1 x grinder - tongue

wave 2:
bloodthirster - might
3 x flamers
15 x letters - icon
14 bearers - icon
3 x screamers
1 x prince - flight, hide, might, nurgle, flies, noxious touch, breath

·
Registered
196 Posts
Solid enough list, I'd consider splitting your bloodletters into 3 groups of ten though, as blood angels can bring some nasty anti infantry fire power to the table, and having all of your infantry in one nice big target unit will do allot of his work for him. You also have 4 icons, and you only really need 1, get rid of 3 and buy some more blood crushers.

Finaly, Your daemon prince costs more than a bloodthirster, and a bloodthirster is allot better for the points.

Good luck, have fun slaughtering the sons of Sanguinious.

*Edit* Noticed you already have a bloodthirster, ummm, your DP is really expensive, maybe get more bloodletters instead? Suppose it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm not sure but I think its sort of halfy halfy between then two. Anyway here is my list against it, what do you guys think?

Wave 1:
Determining your waves before seeing mission, deployment, opponents army and deployment is fail. You don't have to split before your 1st turn so don't decide before. Chances are you'll see a reason to switch around. I have on several occasions.
Ku'gath
Expensive for what he does. I dream of the day when people realise most CD SCs are too expensive for them to be good. Well, Karanak and Changeling are good but they don't cost 300+points.
Anyway, I would drop him unless you really like him.
4 x crushers - icon, fury, instrument
Is there any other way? Very good.
3 x flamers
I usually prefer these in the 2nd wave but situations may vary. Still pretty good though.
15 x letters - icon
Drop the Icon. You don't really need it.
5 x horrors - changling, bolt
Very good. More of these please. Horrors tend not to work unless there's plenty of them.
1 x grinder - tongue, phlegm
1 x grinder - tongue
I prefer Grinders with phlegm only. But if you lack antitank it should suffice.
wave 2:
bloodthirster - might
Well, BotBG is usually worth the 5 points just so he can slay libbys and such all day long. Otherwise he's great.
3 x flamers
Flamers are win. Just don't waste them.
15 x letters - icon
14 bearers - icon
These units are too big. Rule of thumb, they should be from 5-7, nothing more. Just make them into more units or consider dropping one the these for an extra Horror unit. Also, get rid of one of the Icons. You never need more than 2. EVER!
3 x screamers
Too few of these guys for them to be good. Get 2 more units of these and you're golden.
1 x prince - flight, hide, might, nurgle, flies, noxious touch, breath
Breath and might is sorely unecessary on this guy. Skip those and get more men. Or drop him entirely and get another Grinder.
Good list, but a few tweaks will be needed before it really can stomp face. But hey, if you like the list just keep it that way. Not taking my advice is an option too ;)
Good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know ku gath is expensive but ive never played him before so wanted to give him a go. And thought his ordinance attack would work well with the two grinders. I know the great unclean one would probably be so much better, especially for the price, but I just wana see what Ku gath can do.

and the grinders i dont know why i put both with tongue? Should be both with phlegm and one with tongue. AAARRRGH if you could optimise the list against blood angels what would you bring? I'm unsure about horrors (as in my last 4 games against marine based armies i think warpfire has killed 1 unit) though the changling makes me change my mind as he's awesome. He took out an entire unit of grey hunters but im not sure about including more. To me horrors are all about the changling. (against marines anyway, against tau im laughing).
im my last game against space wolves i blessinged my thirster, but against blood angels is it necessary?
and yes i love flamers. i would have an army of them if i could. they're awesome.
icons im confused about i get told different things by different people. some say (as you did) that i need as few as poss while others say put it on the most amount of units (and with a 2.5k game im struggling to fill the points though ive been told i can borrow units).
Also any good way to counter/destroy mephiston?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
People who says Icons should be on the majority of your units have never actually played with daemons. Or they are retards who refuse to try doing something different in spite of their lack of succes. I've seen people like that.
Think of it this way; Icons cost 25 points a piece. Now if you have 4 of these in an army what are they providing? 100 points of wargear that increases your scatter dice roll from 33,333334% of a hit to 100% providing the unit jumps down next to the one with it. Now remember, your first wave can't use it and those in reserve can only if you had one in the first wave, if the Icon is where you need them to be (or close to) and all Icons still in reserve only works if they come in before the rest of the still reserved guys. Hmmm....that's a lot of ifs considering you spent 100 points on.

Now if you were to drop them you could include another Horror unit or some more Plaguebeares which could accomplish considerably more as they can hold objectives, tie units up or kill guys or tanks. More units means more redundancy. The more units you have the less the need for them to be exactly where you want, and the greater chance for one of them to be.

Regarding horrors, it's true that they are rather lackluster against standard SM armies and that's why you need more of them. 1 or 2 units of horrors will never kill a tactical squad. But 4 or more with bolt can. Or ad least kill enough for them to recieve minimal return fire.

TBH, what you really need is more is ways to kill tanks. BA can throw a lot of tanks at you so you should come prepared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts