Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a terrible list, but I can field it. The question is should I.

Lords:
1) Dreadlord on Cold One . Hvy Armor, SD Cloak,Shield, Ogre Blade, Pendant of Khaeleth. (260 pts.) Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

2) Supreme Sorceress on Cold One. Level 4. Whip of Agony, Opal Amulet, Dispel Scroll. (355 pts) Joins 2nd Knight Rgt.

Heroes:
1) Malus Darkblade (275 pts). Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

2) BSB on Cold One. Hvy armour, shield, lance, Ranger's Standard. (185 pts). Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

Core:
1) 5 Dark Riders w/ musician and rep x-bows.(117 pts)

2) 5 Dark Riders w/ musician and rep x-bows. (117 pts)

3) 20 Dark Riders w/ full command. Shields. (395 pts).

Special:
1) 1st Knight Rgt. 9 Cold One Knights w/ cmd. Banner of Hag Graef. Dread Knight has Ring of Hotek. (343 pts.)

2) 2nd Knight Rgt. 14 Cold One Knights w/cmd. War Banner. (453 pts)

Total pts: 2500

Comments welcome. The thing I like about this list is that the army features 5 different styles of Cold Ones.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I know this is a terrible list, but I can field it. The question is should I.

Durzod, as long as you can field it and enjoy it, I say go for it. Suprizingly this list could be rather nasty with some work.

Lords:
1) Dreadlord on Cold One . Hvy Armor, SD Cloak,Shield, Ogre Blade, Pendant of Khaeleth. (260 pts.) Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

2) Supreme Sorceress on Cold One. Level 4. Whip of Agony, Opal Amulet, Dispel Scroll. (355 pts) Joins 2nd Knight Rgt.

Heroes:
1) Malus Darkblade (275 pts). Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

2) BSB on Cold One. Hvy armour, shield, lance, Ranger's Standard. (185 pts). Joins 1st Knight Rgt.

Core:
1) 5 Dark Riders w/ musician and rep x-bows.(117 pts)

2) 5 Dark Riders w/ musician and rep x-bows. (117 pts)

3) 20 Dark Riders w/ full command. Shields. (395 pts).

Dark Riders are ok but without the shields. My idea would be to run them as a large hard hitting central core unit. I would field the BSB here and give it some punch. Put your dreadlord here and a character and you will have some real punch.

1 dreadlord
1 bsb
1 champion
1 standard bearer
1 musician

all in the first rank. This could potentially do some serious dmge, if the unit was defended well enough. MR, Ward saves, etc. It also means if you could place the Sorceress in the 2nd rank... giving you a greater deal of protection for her.

Special:
1) 1st Knight Rgt. 9 Cold One Knights w/ cmd. Banner of Hag Graef. Dread Knight has Ring of Hotek. (343 pts.)

2) 2nd Knight Rgt. 14 Cold One Knights w/cmd. War Banner. (453 pts)

Tempting to do something similiar to the above actually.... and might work better. But you have to protect the unit. So again MR, Ward etc.

An idea might be a large knight unit and then small DR units of 5 each. This would give you flankers for the main knight attack force with your deadlord and BSB and Sorceress. I would look at Shadow as a lore here too.

Total pts: 2500

Comments welcome. The thing I like about this list is that the army features 5 different styles of Cold Ones.
The list does have potential albiet it will strike hard and roll over a lot if you did this.

Dreadlord, on cold one.
S. Sorceress on clod one.
BSB on cold one.

5 DR with RxB.
5 DR with RxB.
5 DR with RxB.
5 DR with RxB.
5 DR with RxB.
5 DR with RxB.

25 cold one Knights. (Run them 5 across) as a central unit.

Although it might not be the best army and I can see a lot of problems, it would actually be a fun list to play. the DR are going to cause a lot of worry on the flanks and be fast moving. They will get shot to ribbons, but that would be the point getting all those knights across to the enemy and slamming into them hard.

You WOULD want them striking hard so Razor standard, you would want your BSB with high MR, get the iron curse icon, take a dispel scroll, and get the ring of darkness etc. You basically want to defend the unit to the max.... then watch the fun as it slams into the biggest thing you can get it inot combat with.

The DR should be then free to get into a flank or two for you.

If I was then going to add to the list, you need warmachine hunters like harpies, and you could do with perhaps a peg sorceress to add to the harassment value and perhaps some shades. But its doable.... and could actually work ok vs a variety of lists. The other thing you would need to watch for would be serious magic opposition that you would need to shut down.

Give it a go.

I've removed the colour from your non-quote comments: there is no need for it and therefore its against site rules (use standard font/colour unless there is cause/need)... and on a personal note it was just ugly :p
- T/S

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The Dark Rider's are a huge point-sink, and won't actually be doing much. However, it is nice to see someone actually backing up an all-cavalry Dark Elf list. Your character setup is pretty weak too however.

The Supreme Sorceress should not have a magical weapon. Period. She'll get almost no mileage out of the Whip of Agony. As well, she'd probably be better off running around from Dark Riders to Dark Riders. Take away Opal Amulet and give her Talisman of Preservation. MR doesn't really do much this edition, and the chance of her getting stuck in combat and killed is pretty high with this list.

With that, give the Whip of Agony to your Dreadlord. Add in Ring of Darkness, as I believe without the Ogre Blade you'll have enough for it. The Battle-Standard Bearer is a bit too expensive and too fragile to just get your CoK across the terrain. I'd take off the magical banner, and give him some protection. It would be even better to take a Cauldron BSB, especially with this list, but you're going for theme here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Here's the MkII version:

Lords:
1) Dreadlord on Cold One, Hvy Armor, SD Cloak, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Pendant of Kaleth (262 pts) Still with 1st Knights.
2) Supreme Sorceress on Dark Steed, Lvl 4, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Biting Blade (I just had to spend those last 5 points). Doesn't join any units unless necessary.(353 pts)

Heroes:
1) Malus Darkblade. Joins whichever knight unit really needs him. (275 pts.)

2)BSB on Cold One, lance, hvy armor, SD Cloak, shield, Banner of Murder. Joins one of the Knight Rgts.(164 pts.)

Core:
1) 5 Dark Riders. musician, rep x-bows. (117 pts)
2) 5 Dark Riders, musician, rep x-bows. (117 pts)
3) 10 Dark Riders, shields, full Cmd (215 pts.)
4) 10 Dark Riders, shields, full cmd (215 pts)

Special:
1) 1st Knight Rgt. 10 Cold One Knights , full cmd, Banner of Hag Graef, Dread Knight has Ring of Hotek. (343 pts.)
2nd Knight Rgt. 14 Cold One Knights, full cmd, Banner of Swiftness, Dread Knight has Ironcurse Icon.
Total Pts:2499
Note that I'm kinda stuck with the shielded Dark Riders unless I want to rebuild them as shooters (They're mostly Glade Riders with the hooded heads from the Glade Guard with a few older lead models thrown in. The shooters are mostly Glade Riders with the Rep handbow arms from the corsairs) and touch up the paint job (as well as find more shooty bits for them).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.