Standard Tyranid Detachment

Tyranid Prime: Boneswords, Rending Claws… 145

Hormagaunts x15: Scything Talons… 75

Hormagaunts x15: Scything Talons… 75

Genestealers x9: Rending Claws, Added Broodlord… 186

Harpy: Venom Cannons… 140

Allies (1):

Magus Orthan Trysst: Autopistol, Force Stave, Familiar… 65

Neophytes x16: Autoguns, 2 Grenade Launchers, 2 Mining Lasers, Assault Grenades… 110

Abberants x4: 2 Power Hammers, 2 Power Picks… 120

(2)

Patriarch Ghosar: Patriarch Claws, Familiar… 115

Acolytes x12: Autopistol, Combat Weapons, Rending Claws… 85

The tactics are traditional tyranid tactics. Large units of gaunts will be the initial wave targeting soft infantry while the middleweight and heavy units move up in flanks. Ghosar will be with the acolytes, infiltrating up one side while the broodlord and genestealers will either support or take the other flank. The large concentration of psykers in the list is to maximize the warp charges at the disposal of the twin maleceptors, who will use their psionic overloads to snipe special weapons, squad leaders and vehicles as necessary.

The Swarmlord, Harpy and Flyrant will be support where needed, and Trysst and his squad will offer heavy support in the form of mining lasers and grenades, and if luck serves, the invisibilty power on whomever may need it. The warriors and Abberants will simply take any opening they can, they are there as wildcards and nuisance units as much to make up the last of the points.

This list was written in opposition to a Warmachines of the Lost and Damned army with Chaos space marine allies. The ratio of infantry to elite units and large heavy units was built to reflect this balance as well as be a generalized army list.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I wish I had something useful to say about the list..

Have you had a chance to play your Genestealer Cult stuff yet? I'd love to hear how they're preforming on the battlefield of an experienced Tyranid player.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had something useful to say about the list..

Have you had a chance to play your Genestealer Cult stuff yet? I'd love to hear how they're preforming on the battlefield of an experienced Tyranid player.
I used this list yesterday against my brother's Lost and Damned. It was a one point victory in his favour, Maelstrom Mission, but it was a fairly well balanced game.

Genestealers specifically? I should probably put up a thread. :scratchhead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts