Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the problem i have created a 2250 list that im somewhat use to playing in 8th but my next game is 2500 and against skaven who i have never played and my opponent is a very skiller gamer! so heres my 2250 list if you can help me what to change and what to add that be greatfull i do have a few other models but not many

Lord: - 496
Arch Lector of Sigmar (206 points)
+1 hammer
Armour of Meteoric Iron
wyrmslayer sword
aldreds casket of sorcery

wizard lord (290 points)
level 4
warhorse
doomfire ring
armour of tarnus

Heroes: - 168
captain of the empire (83 points)
bsb
full plate armour

captain of the empire (85 points)
full plate armour
shield
hammer of judgement

(623)

Core: - 1219
25 Swordsmen (300 points)
Full Command

Detachments
10 Halbediers
10 handgunners

40 Spearmen (390 points)
Shields
Full Command

Detachments
10 Halbediers
10 handgunners

10 handgunners(80 points)

20 flagellants (200 points)

(984)

Special: - 389
Great Cannon (100 points)

Great Cannon (100 points)

Mortar (75 points)

5 pistoliers (114 points)
Outrider w/ repeater pistol
Musician

Rare:225
Hellblaster (110 points)

hellstorm (115)

(2501)

·
Registered
353 Posts
That list looks quite solid, Im not sure about handgunners as detachments, I prefer bowmen, they are lower str but you can shoot every turn, and they could still reliably wound Skaven. What Lore will your wizard lord be taking? Vs. Skaven I would think Death or fire for debuffs and lots of hits respectively. Your War machines look good, You should add a prophet of doom to the flaggellants for those buffs IMO.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh that does sound like a plan and thank you im afraid i just realised i didnt do my swap around both handgunner detachments are supposed to go with the spearman who basicaly hold the front of my most valuable artillery line they will possibly be joined by a captain of the empire

where as the swordsman unit is with the arch lector and bsb (who actually has armour of meteoric iron and arch lector has full plate and shield) they are there purely to be a nice unit who can steal spells dish out the combat and take it and keep the line in order

and finally probly fire as i will probly be getting rid of the doomfire ring as bound spells now costing power dice has really annoyed me and seems a little bit pointless

what do you think this army is missing i was thinking a group of 8 knights to stop any would be rear attackers once my back is protected they can make there way to support charges ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
A unit of knights are two expensive to have sitting in the back till later turns, if you want knights use them to ride up the flank, taking out his gutter runners and win globadiers, etc.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok but what to protect my rear with i allways get hit by some unit such as scouts or sorts who can easily despatch my artillery..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Handguns can shoot every turn.
drop the helstrom. take another mortar. and make the swordmen 30 strong. Make the detachment of halbediers a unit of 20 and attach them to the spear men, and a attachment of handguns. Being 20 strong make them more flexible than just a support unit. If need be they can stand their own.

You could drop one unit of hand gunners and take an engineer with repeater handgun. it will give you a little hit if scouts pop-up it will also make your cannons a little more reliable. if you can squeeze it in mount him on a mech stead and light armour. Ive used that so if scouts pop up i can shoot them or charge them most units are small and weak in combat he can usually stand his own.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Handguns can shoot every turn.
drop the helstrom. take another mortar. and make the swordmen 30 strong. Make the detachment of halbediers a unit of 20 and attach them to the spear men, and a attachment of handguns. Being 20 strong make them more flexible than just a support unit. If need be they can stand their own.

You could drop one unit of hand gunners and take an engineer with repeater handgun. it will give you a little hit if scouts pop-up it will also make your cannons a little more reliable. if you can squeeze it in mount him on a mech stead and light armour. Ive used that so if scouts pop up i can shoot them or charge them most units are small and weak in combat he can usually stand his own.
I meant as in he can move with his swords and spears and still shoot. Not so with the handgunners. Other than that good suggestions!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The helstorm rocket battery is one of the best artillery pieces in the list against skaven.
I'd try and squeeze in another cheap wizard and an engineer. Other than that against skaven any basic empire infantry should do the job or you could just upgrade your units and characters a bit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was debating a unit of 8 strong knights more as support unit or tar pitters and i worked out i can also squeeze in 10 huntsman which could come in very handy as reading the skaven codex it appears they have alot of artillery pieces that i wouldnt mind reaching a bit early

i am not feeling removing the hellstorm if anything where to go it would be the hellblaster but as of yet i havent enough time to get models to replace. yet i do have more wizards and a master engineer what about a wizard running with a small group of archers giving them 360 degrees to dispatch units that do try to go for my artillery and also the wizard if theres dice left can fire some spells to aid my spearman block what lore would you recommend?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts