Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. alright, well i normally just play Khorne, but i think its time to put alittle khorne in my crap and see what happens. any CCs would be great. im very flexible as to what changes you suggest, so dont hold back! thanks.
* i did have a greater daemon in here but dropped it for oblits. i'd like to put it in because i like running my forge world khorne daemon prince. but thats just a astetic.

HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer - rides with 8 man zerker sqd
(I just think hes a badass, expecially for his points, and adds a dash of fluff

Chaos Termie Lord w/ DW, IoN - 165pts, hes with the termies of course
(Again, hes alittle fluffy, that and i can never seem to kill these dang pests when i play against them)

i like daemon princes, and a MoN DP would be awesome, but i just couldnt seem to make him fit...

Elites:
4 Termies w/ Dual LCs, PF&ComMe, PW&ComMe, HF + LR w/ DP - 435pts - this is my real area of concern.. would they be better DSing? Would Kharn and some zerkers get better use of it? drop the LR all together? i just dunno

Troops:
8 Plague Marines w/ champ, PW&MB, melta gun + rhino w/ EA - 279pts
9 Khorne Berzerkers w/ champ, PW&MB + rhino w/ EA - 274pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers w/ champ, PW&MB + rhino w/ EA - 253pts

Heavies:
Oblit
Obilt

2000pts

Again, fluff isnt so much the problem, i just want the most effective list i can with these two gods! please help! dosent feel like i've got it yet.

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Hey all. alright, well i normally just play Khorne, but i think its time to put alittle khorne in my crap and see what happens. any CCs would be great. im very flexible as to what changes you suggest, so dont hold back! thanks.
* i did have a greater daemon in here but dropped it for oblits. i'd like to put it in because i like running my forge world khorne daemon prince. but thats just a astetic.

HQ:
Kharn The Betrayer - rides with 8 man zerker sqd
(I just think hes a badass, expecially for his points, and adds a dash of fluff

If you want to keep your "Dash of fluff" then Kharn sounds good.

Chaos Termie Lord w/ DW, IoN - 165pts, hes with the termies of course
(Again, hes alittle fluffy, that and i can never seem to kill these dang pests when i play against them)

I would strongly looking away from the Termies and this Gent and get that DP that you wanted. He will make his points back and more for only 25 or so points more.

i like daemon princes, and a MoN DP would be awesome, but i just couldnt seem to make him fit...

Elites:
4 Termies w/ Dual LCs, PF&ComMe, PW&ComMe, HF + LR w/ DP - 435pts - this is my real area of concern.. would they be better DSing? Would Kharn and some zerkers get better use of it? drop the LR all together? i just dunno

To many points invested here imo. you have termies with what I think is a ranged squad? (not up to date on all the lingo lol) and the LR meh.. idk I would rather see some more ranged support for your troops.

Troops:
9 Khorne Berzerkers w/ champ, PW&MB + rhino w/ EA - 274pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers w/ champ, PW&MB + rhino w/ EA - 253pts

On the plague marines change PW to PF and scrap MB's. Why? Plague marines are Initiative 3 so chances are your attacking last or simultaneously with guardsman.

Heavies:
Oblit
Obilt

Not enough. These 2 single heavy support squads are just not enough to make an enemy flinch. I think this needs to be tinkered with a little more.
2000pts

Again, fluff isnt so much the problem, i just want the most effective list i can with these two gods! please help! dosent feel like i've got it yet.
This list CAN be effective there are a few things as mentioned that would help it. I didnt want to change too much on you I think playing a list that you created is important but at the same time little tweeks can make a world of difference.

Best of luck!
CHaosftw

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Here's one possible take:

HQ
• Khârn the Betrayer

165 points
• Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Mark of Nurgle; Wings; Warptime
175 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Khorne; 5 pairs of lightning claws
230 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 4 meltaguns
140 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with power fist and twin-linked bolter; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
261 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with power fist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
• Defiler – 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
2,000 points

I figure a dual-extra-CCW Defiler is Khornate as hell and about as close to a Blood Slaughterer as you can get without playing Apocalypse; plus, they're fun :). Some may grumble at the twin-linked bolter on one of the Plague Champions, but it got to the point where I had an annoying 5 points left and needed to use them on something; you could drop that if you wanted and either give someone meltabombs or put a Personal Icon on one of the Champions to give the Terminators somewhere else to Deep Strike onto other than the Daemon Prince. And I like the combination of Mark of Khorne and lightning claws on Terminators - 5 models with 20 rerolling attacks betwene them is not a close-combat unit to be sneezed at. And the Plague Marines will make sure there's plenty of sneezing, after all...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
^ The man above me is wise. Heed his words with one small exception: drop the extra armour and the twin-linked bolter and give the 'Zerks rhino Daemonic Possession; since that's the one Kharn is riding in (I assume) it both fits the fluff that it's his personal vehicle and it's not going to be doing much shooting anyway unless you decide to go the havocback path.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts