Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2K points of Daemons (8th - Competitive)

Lords

Bloodthirster (1#, 500 pts)
1 Bloodthirster of Khorne
Immortal Fury
Spell Breaker

Heroes

Herald of Khorne (1#, 115 pts)
Armour of Khorne

Core

Bloodletters of Khorne (19#, 277 pts)
18 Bloodletters of Khorne
Bloodreaper
Icon of Endless War

Daemonettes of Slaanesh (20#, 264 pts)
19 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
1 Alluress

Plaguebearers of Nurgle (20#, 289 pts)
19 Plaguebearers of Nurgle
Plagueridden
Standard of Seeping Decay

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (15#, 180 pts)
15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Special

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (6#, 250 pts)
5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne
1 Karanak, Hound of Vengeance

Rare

Flamers of Tzeentch (3#, 120 pts)
2 Flamers of Tzeentch
Pyrocaster

Total Roster Cost: 1995/2000

This is using the models I own for my 40K Daemons army and trying to make them work decently in Fantasy. I'm going to be changing all of the bases over to the square ones and all that. Think this list is any good?

·
Registered
442 Posts
if yuor taking a bloodthirster obsidian armour all the way and try to get a herald for each unit flamers are not as gd in 8th having to rank up

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes but in a set formation and a 45 degree line of sight
I'm really not too concerned about this. I can move and shoot with no negative modifiers to hit with a great Ballistic Skill (even better for the Pyromaster).

As far as Obsidian Armor goes, is a 3+ save worth it when so many of the things that a Bloodthirster would need to worry about are high enough to significantly reduce his armor save? I mean, I'm not concerned about attacks with a Strength of 4 or less, and even S5 would reduce my armor to only 5+ (backed by a Ward, of course). It feels like re-rolling misses with 7 Attacks and auto-dispelling would be more worthwhile.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, got some advice and did a little re-jigging.

2000 Pts - Daemons of Chaos Roster

Bloodthirster (1#, 490 pts)
Armour of Khorne
Immortal Fury

Herald of Khorne (1#, 115 pts)
Armour of Khorne

Herald of Tzeentch (1#, 165 pts)
Master of Sorcery (Lore of Life)
Spell Breaker

Herald of Slaanesh (1#, 140 pts)
Etherblade

Bloodletters of Khorne (19#, 283 pts)
18 Bloodletters of Khorne
Full Command
Icon of Endless War

Daemonettes of Slaanesh (19#, 283 pts)
18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
Full Command
Banner of Ecstasy

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (14#, 168 pts)
14 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (5#, 175 pts)
5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Flamers of Tzeentch (5#, 175 pts)
5 Flamers of Tzeentch

Total Roster Cost: 1994

Dropped the Plaguebearers because they can't use both their Ward and Regeneration at the same time so they essentially suck. I ditched Karanak for being too expensive and not giving the entire unit Hatred like I thought he did. I've instead decided to take a bunch of Heralds to increase the effectiveness of my blocks of Lesser Daemons. The Bloodletters will have Hatred, the Daemonettes will Always Strike First and the Horrors will have a lovely 4+ Ward save. I also bulked out the Flamer unit a bit so I'll have more shots. Between the Horror unit acting as a level 1 Wizard and the Tzeentchian Herald being a Level 2 Wizard I won't be as helpless in the Magic phase as I would have been, either. I'll be looking to capitalize on the lovely Regrowth spell from the Lore of Life to keep my smallish blocks of infantry going by replenishing D3+1 wounds worth of models at every opportunity. Naturally I'll take advantage of the other awesome spells like Flesh to Stone to keep units like the Bloodletters and Daemonettes going as well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i suggested the obsidian armour t onegate magical gubbins to so you don't hace spirit swords or other nasties such as the hellstrum mace from empire or dwarfs built 2 beat big things

·
Registered
93 Posts
flai of skulls, runfangs, helstrom mace, dwarfs, elven items, common items, all weapons capable of taking down a bloodthirster :/ also i would remember that now hes gonna have to be surported he wont be able to kill units in on his own anymore :/ even in the flank if they have more ranks than you then they are still stubborn :/

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Obsidian armour is a must. I might consider furies instead of hounds for warmachine hunting. The hounds won't break anything anymore due to ranks :S

1 - 10 of 10 Posts