Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a list of my first actual eldar army list. I have never really had an army that is mine . I used my friends armies for a while to play them and i decided i liked eldar. Please tell me what you think.

HQ: Avatar 155
Farseer with singing spear, guide and doom 105

Troops: 2x 10 dire avengers 1 is exarch with defend 147
10 pathfinders

Elites: 10 fire dragons 1 is exarch with tank hunters 187
fire dragons are in wave serpent 90
10 howling banshees 160
banshees in wave serpent 90

Heavy support: Falcon with bright lance and holo feilds 180

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Based on what you have I am guessing you are planning to walk the avatar up the board with DA in support. Question #1: what are your WS armed with?
I would start by dropping your fire dragons to 6. Tank hunter is ok if you have the points.
I would go with a big guardian squad with a warlock and scatter laser to go with the avatar and add the farseer to them.
Your Farseer could use RoW and RoW.
Dire Avengers work best in a transport. That being said and looking at your current points, I would drop one squad to 6 and place them in your Falcon. The other I would run behind your guardians, using them as a screen.
The banshees need an exarch with an executioner.
The BS3 sucks for a BL on the falcon. Get an EML so you can fire it as a def weapon if you move.
See if you can squeeze in a Wraithlord in with a BL so you can pop armor. That’s 2 MC in your massive assault group.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wave serpents are just armed with twin linkedsurikan catapults tat is it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a few quick things I've noticed without changing what models are in you list.

- Split up the Fire dragons so 5 are in the Wave Serpent and 5 are in the Falcon. Reason being is you don't have a whole lot of tanks on the field and all the anti tank fire is going to go straight for your 10 man fire dragon tank. Also this way you could split targets and potentially take out two tanks a round instead of just one. That said they still have the option to focus fire the same target if need be.

- Spirit Stones on transports is a must to me unless you are running a 5 min DA's in a wave serpent just to make it scoring. If the tank will be moving models to where they need to go you need to make sure that it can move every round. Especially since one unit being transported is Close Combat and the other two have a range of 12" that you would prefer to be within 6" :)

- I know you were probably thinking of keeping the Farseer with the 10x pathfinders unit However I feel you will find more of a use with him if you swap out guide for fortune and keep him near your Avatar. Whenever I run an Avatar I always keep a Farseer nearby as the fortune helps tremendously. In this list I'd stick him with the Dire Avenegers so they can take hits for him. Also if you do decide to follow my advice here I'd recommend splitting up the pathfinders into 2 squads of 5x Pathfinders. The only reason to keep them in a 10x squad would be if they were getting guided. This way your enemy has to split their firepower and now you'd cover more fire lanes.

Good luck with your very own Eldar List!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a list of my first actual eldar army list. I have never really had an army that is mine . I used my friends armies for a while to play them and i decided i liked eldar. Please tell me what you think.

HQ: Avatar 155
Farseer with singing spear, guide and doom 105
*Gets some stones :)

Troops: 2x 10 dire avengers 1 is exarch with defend 147
10 pathfinders
*Drop the pathfinders to 5.

Elites: 10 fire dragons 1 is exarch with tank hunters 187
fire dragons are in wave serpent 90
*Drop the squad to 6 without an exarch. move them to the falcon and the avengers can have the serpent. Upgrade the weapon to SL or lance.

10 howling banshees 160
banshees in wave serpent 90
*Needs to have an exarch with executer. Agian, upgrade the wave serpent to SL or lance
Heavy support: Falcon with bright lance and holo feilds 180
*Replace thelance for a EML
Here's my suggestion
Hq
Farseer- singing spear, spirit stones, doom, guide

Elites
6 dragons

10 banshees
Exarch, executor, acrobatics
Wave serpent
TL SL

Troops
10 Avengers
Exarch with bladestorm
Wave serpent
TL BL

10 Avengers
Exarch with bladestorm
Wave serpent
TL SC

Heavy support
Falcon
EML
holo field
total = 1497

yjere my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Remember that all Wave Serpents have to have a twin linked Heavy Weapon, as well as its Shuriken Catapult/Cannon underslung weapon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts