Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a complete newby to Warhammer and need some advice on a list. I have put together a preliminary list based off what little experience I have. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.

++LORD++
Daemon Prince: Daemonic Flight, Daemon of Khorne, Wizard Level 1 – 320

++CORE++
10 Chaos Warriors: Full command, MoT, Shields, Halberds – 230

++SPECIAL++
5 Chaos Knights: Barded Chaos Steed, Standard Bearer, MoK, Ensorcelled Weapons

++RARE++
Hellcannon

This comes out to 995 points. My thoughts were anvil my core, use Daemon Prince and Hellcannon to deal with range and flanking and use my knights to maneuver and flank. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Your army is very very small, even for 1000 points, so risks getting outmanoeuvred.

I suggest trimming slightly (probably the MoK on the Knights and the Champion in the Warriors) to buy some Warhounds. This will give you something for cheap deployment drops, redirecting, and tying up missile units so they don't shoot something valuable.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
The Daemon Prince cannot be both a wizard and take the Mark of Khirne. Although you fly making frenzy less painful, it is still an issue at this points level, as you can be brought away from the foghts you need to concentrate on. As a beginner I wouldn't advise honestly.

Kitting out the warriors with Shields and Halberds is alroght, but remember that you don't get the Shield Parry in CC because halberds are 2H so the Shields only provide +1 save when recoeving shooting attacks. I personally don't think it is worth choosing 2 - with MoT I think you are going for Shield usage so I'd drop the Halberds. Or the Mark+Shields. The champion is a bit of a points drain as well.

Chaos Knights are already expensive and extremely killy. Ensorcelled Weapons and a Musician is all that is necessary. The Mark and Standard Bearer are far too expensive at this level Imho.

Hellcannons are decent but I cannot remember if it fits under 250pt rare limit. Even so theu are a huge points drain, and considering the avility to spread units out at 1k points, stone throwers struggle to get kills even when they miss the target.

I take it you are using the End Times rules for the Lords to gop over 25% if so are you using the glottkin legion rules and khaine winds of magic rules? If so might want to consider lore of undeath and chaos legion rules to get the additional models on the board zOmbies and skeletons and daemons

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I take it you are using the End Times rules for the Lords to gop over 25% if so are you using the glottkin legion rules and khaine winds of magic rules?
GW FAQ'ed the core book so even non-end times games can go to 50% lords...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
updated list

I have updated my list. Here she goes:

++LORD++
Daemon Prince: Daemon of Nurgle, Lore of Death, Wizards lvl 2, Chaos Armour - 335 pts

++CORE++
10 Chaos Warriors: Full command, sheilds, MoT - 200 pts
10 Chaos Warhounds: Scaly skin, mutant poisons - 80 pts

++SPECIAL++
5 Chosen: Great weapons, MoK, musician, standard bearer - 135 pts

++RARE++
Skullcrusher's: Ensorcelled weapons, musician - 244 pts

·
Registered
483 Posts
The scaled skin upgrade on the hounds is pretty useless. There's too much out there that will just ignore a 6+ armor save. You'd be better served splitting the unit into 2 units of 5 as well. More drops in the deployment phase and more threats in game.

5 Chosen isn't that great of a unit. Any loss of a model is a huge reduction in combat capability. They're just too slow and can easily get picked apart by shooting of any kind. I'd scrap the Chosen and use the points to boost the Warrior unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts