Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between two lists at the moment! Was hoping to snaffle some ideas as my experience against the pointed eared pansies is, well non exsistent!

So here goes

Chaos sorcerer - 140
M o N Nurgles rot

7 PM's
PC with PF, 2 x PG, Rhino - 266

10 CSM's
AC with PF, 2 x MG, IoCG, Rhino - 255

2 Oblits - 150

not sure what to do with the other 189 points, debating between chosen or raptors or even a dread

2nd list

Kharn - 165

8 Zerkers
SC with PW - 198

10 CSM - 255
AC with PF, 2xMG, IoCG, Rhino

Land Raider - 220

2 Oblits - 150

My worry about the secon list is the size!? Any C&C will be useful along with some tips! Cheers

·
Registered
941 Posts
first list, DEFINETLY! much more ballanced and solid! You don't want to be killing yourself while the eldar kill you, you want extra toughness so you can survive long enough to kill them!:eek:k::biggrin:

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did also think maybe throw in fabius bile and some enhanced marines! Roll with the first list but take Fabius instead, change the CSM's to enhanced and throwe in eithe a MM dread or Melta gun totting raptors??

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
first list, DEFINETLY! much more ballanced and solid! You don't want to be killing yourself while the eldar kill you, you want extra toughness so you can survive long enough to kill them!:eek:k::biggrin:
what he said, but with much less enthusiasm.

Eldar players can easily bring 3 Wraithlords at this level and 3 minimum sized DA units in Wave Serpents.

a jet bike list is also plausible, or they could go with a strong hammer HQ unit (Banshees/Harlequins + Farseer).

my pick would be for more Oblits.

take down their tanks and they become fodder, but if you know what your opponent fields, adjust to that.

good hunting.

·
Registered
941 Posts
what he said, but with much less enthusiasm.
Chug a case of red bull, then you'll be enthusiastic! (but probably still not as enthusiastic as me!:biggrin: YA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)

P.S. Even though it may seem like I am, I'm not high right now!

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't played the guy! Its a new club which is why I didn't wanna put a daemon prince or too many oblits in there!
I think chugging a case of red bull wouldn't be the best shout, never mind the fact of what it does to the digestive system would inherently put my opponent off (check the last episode of inbetweeners series 2) but also the twitching eye may also cause a state of alarm and generally jibbering may mean its my one and only game there!
So first list but with the spare points, chosen or raptors??

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would go with your first lis, it's not to cheesy to take to a new club and prberly wont p**s to many other peeps off. Also use the spare points and get some chosen as they are much better than taking raptors. You have to atleast set some sorta standard lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
alright, you caught me! I'm high!:laugh::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Chaos sorcerer - 140
M o N Nurgles rot
Not my favorite. And honestly...a DP is so much better with this setup for an extra 10 points. And then 20 for the wings of course :)

7 PM's
PC with PF, 2 x PG, Rhino - 266
Arguably my favorite unit Chaos can field.

10 CSM's
AC with PF, 2 x MG, IoCG, Rhino - 255
Super Solid.

2 Oblits - 150
Again, solid choice.

not sure what to do with the other 189 points, debating between chosen or raptors or even a dread
I would take Chosen and infiltrate in order to hamper your opponent's mobility. Eldar's biggest advantage is their uncanny speed. If you can successfully pin them and crack their transports they'll die quickly.

:) Good luck and let us know how it plays out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah i would have to agree and say that the first list is most deffinatly better, I would not try to ever squeeze a land raider in at 1k games simply because there are too many things that can take it down and do not cost as many points. Especially eldar, try the first list.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I chose against the prince for two reasons, one - my dp is waaaay to big (converted night bringer with dragon wings, love him but quite impratical! My bane blade just about hides him) and secondly I always feel a bit dodgy running dp's in small battles, its like why would he even bother with such a small engagement! He would send his minions! I did wonder about throwing some lesser demons in?? The only thing with my chosen is they are armed quite randomly! Mix of flamer, melta and, plamsa pistol!

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to say, List ended up being;
Sorcerer, MoS and LoS
6 Noise marines, 5 SB's and BM
7 Plagume marines, PC with PF, 2x PG's and PI-Rhino
10 Vanilla marines AC with PF, 2x MG's and IoCG-Rhino
2x Oblits

I managed to pull out a win, not sure how! They had somemany invul saves!

·
Registered
941 Posts
your final list looks fine! Congrats on the win!:victory:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts