shields
full command

16 Marauders
shields
light armor
full command

Special

15 Horros

I just started with chaos and so far my army has been kicked from wall to wall. i cant even manage a close loss! any help would be greatly appreciated.
I mainly collect skaven so going to chaos has been hard for me...
where are my blocks of 40 models!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
in a chaos army always have 1 less than the maximum number of characters thaey are too exspensive to max out. loose one of the sorcerers. you need some knights in the army for speed. loose the horrors i have been playing against a guy with horrors for 5 years and they never do anything they are a waste completely. marauders are more of a support unit. try and get 2 characters 2 units of warriors and knights in your army minimum

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
keep the horrors for summoning, get some spawn or ogres for missile attraction bin a sorceror upgrade from aspiring to exalted champ and some nice cheap doggies to slow down anything faster than you, hope that helps

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Warhounds would be advisable. I'd actually consider dropping both sorcerers and beefing up your Marauders to a unit of at least 20 models, although 25 is better. Marauders aren't terribly different from Skaven, ultimately--they're naked T3 guys. In place of the horrors, which are horribly expensive (no pun intended) I'd put another unit of Marauders in, and maybe beef up the Warriors some more with any spare points.

Remember, at this points level, maneuvering is even more important since you're working with the same size area as a 2250-point game, but far fewer units. Chaos has the fewest units on average to boot, too, so you're sort of hit twice at the points level in terms of difficulty to play. Big units that can generate some combat resolution are pretty much essential.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
the champ, the warriors, 2 units of 20 marauders, the horrors and 6 dogs.

i reckon thats a workable list..

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
chariots can be troops for you as well, with MoT giving extra power and your list being faster moving and with a very strong hard hitting force. maybe drop the horrors for a chariot and use the spare points for some hounds? With chaos of any god its very importartant to get into cc as quickly as possible without taking too much damage.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
chariots can be troops for you as well, with MoT giving extra power and your list being faster moving and with a very strong hard hitting force. maybe drop the horrors for a chariot and use the spare points for some hounds? With chaos of any god its very importartant to get into cc as quickly as possible without taking too much damage.
agreed :goodpost:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts