Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone here is the other half of my team tournament list.

HQ
1 Big Mek w/KFF-85
Mek w/grot oiler-20
Mek w/grot oiler-20
Grukk Face Rippa

Heavy Support
5x Kans w/Rokkits-250
4X Kans w/Grot Zookas-220

Troops
2xTrukk boyz nob w/PK- 274
(999 total points)

This will be supporting a guard army of:

Pask - Punisher
Eradicator (S6 ap 4 ignores cover large blast) - Plasma cannon sponsons

Troops
PCS
3x flamers, 1 heavy flamer

Inf Squad - Auto
Inf Squad - Auto
Inf Squad - Auto, sgt. melta bombs

Veterans - 2x melta, Chimera, dozer blade, heavy flamer

Vendetta

Inq - lv 1 psycher
3x servo skulls

Basically hammer and anvil, pask will move wit the kans and the kff while the vets run with the boyz as the hammer. Any suggestions?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Fell first thought is the that you have too many meks, the rule is 1 per HQ apart from other meks.

Next thought is that there is very few units and a very low model for an ork army even if your paired with gaurd so either upping the survivability a bunch or increasing model count. So either using large foot slogging squads or more squads of trukk boys thinking if you can squeeze in maybe 4 at around 1000 points that might be an option. Or in my personal preference maybe some battlewagons full of boys.

Then the other concern is for the kans the grotzookas are quite good as an anti-infantry weapon if that is what you need, but as it stands kans often have trouble with their slow speed and weak armor. Which often are problematic for kans you do have 9 of them which helps but other options may be a better idea, first thought would be to swap the rockit kans maybe for some form of artillery such as kannons which are cheaper and possibly more survivable. Or even go back to the vehicle route with buggies or even as another alteratives such as deathkoptas.

Only other thought would be give us some more of an example of what models you have available and any restrictions this format has. Along with checking the kff rules guessing you want the mek in a trukk, but he cannot project the feild anymore and basically has to walk with the kans to work, even then its models within 6".

Thats about all.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what my partner has:

Roughly 60 boyz, 20ish Lootas/Rokkits, 9 kans, 1 deff dread, 5 deff koptas, 3 bikes, 15-20 nobz, 3 warbosses, 2 trukks, 1 battle wagon, 2 dakka jets, 40 grotz. And various other boyz/orky know wots

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't the big mek count as a mek? If I'm incorrect here I haven't realised.
Well yes it IS a Mek in the colloquial meaning. But the codex specifically lists Big Meks and Meks separately and the rules for the Mek state that for any other HQ than a Mek you can take a Mek. To exclude Big Meks from that it would have to state Big Meks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nah I wouldn't say an argument. Just a discussion. Looks like a fun list by the way. I want to hear how it works out. Kind of an interesting way to play Orks with Guards though. I would normally think that the Orks would just rush while the Guard sit back and shoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts