Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (all 4 of you :p), was wondering if you could help tweak this list for an all-commers tourney that's coming up in a month?

HQ
Brother Captain w/ Incinerator, Hood
101pts

Troops
6x PAGK w/ 1x Incinerator, Justicar w/meltabombs
191pts

6x PAGK w/ 1x Incinerator, Justicar w/meltabombs
191pts

Heavy
LR w/EA, Smoke Launchers
258pts

LR w/EA, Smoke Launchers
258pts

Total: 999pts

Plan is have the Brother Captain ride in one of the LR with one of the squads, the other in the other LR, using the lascannons to try crack the transports/light AV heading for me, and assault the footsloggers after a good volley of stormbolters and incinerators.

I think the hardest nut to crack will be the 2x zerkers, LC Lord (with MoK), and 2x raiders, with the easiest being the autocannon foot guard.

Thoughts? comments? suggestions?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Looks good to me...2 LR's @1K should be hard to crack, the Incinerators are great at anti-hoard, and the SB's can handle the rest.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hobo, was hoping it would get your "seal of approval"

Any advise on dropping that khorne list with the dual LR's?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Shoot the shit out of the Zerkers before they eat you alive in c/c. Oh wait, are they in the LR's?...all my rival World Eaters opponents walk theirs.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the zerkers are in LR too, it's like a khornate version of what I'm running, lord w/ MoK and dual LC, 2 squads of 8 zerkers w/champ w/fist in 2 LR, one squad in each LR, with the lord in with one of the squads. very fluffy and pretty brutal

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fortunately, the local guard player is a scrub (very poor deployment choices combined with bad target priority), and I'm the local 'nid player.

We used to have an eldar player, but he got baned from the store due to some drama that I'm not fully aware of.

Small pool of players round here, although there could be some out of towners turning up, so on account of that, any advise if they do bring any of those armies Witch King?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think its a good list, but your talking like you know what the competition is going to be like. If this is the case why dont you talior a list suited to taking out these lists. If this is it fine.
The zerker list im not sure i like, as its probably got as many models as you. If you can crack the LR early youve won but simarly if he cracks yours early your done for.
All of those armies that the witch king talked about can wretch you IF they play them well. You can beat them if you know what your doing, and while they do have a better chance with a good list (melta spam for gaurd) if you have the dice gods on your sides and you play it smart you might be able to pull out a win.
Nids i think you will have the most trouble with of all, if there are huge numbers of any army your list will be in trouble. There is little you can do to stem the flow of gaunts.
Hope this helps

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advise HL-C. Yes I do know what most of the competition is, one of the perks about being involved in the organisation of the tourney :D
Our guard player (only guard entrant so far with 4 days before registration closes) constantly runs autocannon heavy weapon teams and shys away from melta as he doesn't like to get close :shrug:

Any tips on how to tailor the list incase the nid swarm turns up?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I hate Tailoring, regardless of how much needed it may be necessary. Of course it's going to be difficult to win, especially against the newer Codex lists...that is so well known on the Web it hardly warrants saying.

the OP's list, unfortunate as it is, is about the best configured a competitive pure GK list can manage, with maybe the choice of Land Raider been the major variable....from your current post I'm guessing you believe your choice is the best one...read Godhammer.

Against Nids the Incinerators are great, 'Stealers and Gaunts hate them. If the Nid player brings any Hive Guard try and stay out of their 24" range for a bit. If he DS'ers Zoans you're screwed because of those Lances. Unfortunately GK have no way of getting Plasma/Melta in any decent number...which is one of the reasons Pure DH is a far more viable competitive list...but that's a different story.

Best of luck...let us know how it went.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When i vs nids i try to utalise my flamers well, holocaust can also work wonders. Against things like genestealers or other assaulting units just keep in mind they dont have assualt grenades, so you strike first in cover.
If the guard player only runs autocannons you should be fine as autocannons cant harm your LRs.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, you're running Mephy, don't complain :p

As for the tailoring, I'm doing my best not to, hence not taking the usual 2x psycannons for the daemons player, or the grimoir of true names :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance but I don't see how you're going to deal with Heavy support, say Dreads or LR? I ask this 'cause I also play DH and I'm new in putting together a DH army. I thought a a TLLC was a good anti tank choice.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Playtested the list vs Nerethos-NZ's Mephiston list today, got 2 games in, was tabled the first game (for some reason I decided to start in reserve, not the best option), then came back to table him in the second game.
I'm liking the list so far, however massed anti-tank could be an issue. Also, Sanguinary priests are annoying as hell! thankfully we have nemesis weapons that help force wounds when the transports are popped

·
Registered
442 Posts
just on a side note nowhere under the reserves or deep strike rules does it say you cannot come on if there are no freindly units on the table so you cannot be tabled

·
Registered
42 Posts
First of all I'm curious why everyone gets psychic hoods for their grey knights. Doesn't the GK Aegis special rule do the exact same thing?
and against nids if they deep strike I would suggest getting an inquisitor with a couple MM servitors and some mystics because you could destroy them as soon as they land. just my oppinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts