Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. With 8th edition coming along soon, I figure it's a good time to start thinking about a Fantasy army. I've had a couple Regiments of Dark Elves sitting on my shelf for like two years but as cool as the Dark Elves are, I want an army that's a little tougher and will be a bit more forgiving of dumb mistakes made by a newbie. After trying to decide between Beasts of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos (what? I like Chaos... just not in 40K), I think I've settled on the (mostly) human followers of the Dark Gods. Here's what I've managed to come up with so far. Note: The last time I played Fantasy was in 6th edition and I wasn't particularly good at it. I'm also mostly unaware of what changes are coming with 8th edition.

Heroes

Exalted Champion
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Collar of Khorne
- Favor of the Gods
- Halberd
- Shield
Pts: 159

This guy's my General, so I figured it'd be okay to spend a couple extra points on him. The Mark of Tzeentch and Collar of Khorne (there's something you wouldn't see in 40K...) are there to stop this guy from getting stomped too hard by whatever nasties he might come across. Looking at the Fantasy armies in my area, it's common for people to use Magic at this points level, so I feel like the Magic Resistance will be worth the points, and the improved Ward Save is always nice.

Exalted Hero
- Additional hand weapon
- Shield
- Battle Standard Bearer
Pts: 144

I took this guy mostly because the idea of the best Leadership in my army being only 8 makes me uncomfortable. I'm used to Space Marines, sue me.

Core

15 Chaos Warriors
- Full Command
- Shields
Pts: 270

The basic plan behind these guys is to find somebody squishy and beat the crap out of them. I know Warriors of Chaos are hard as nails but I'm paranoid that they'll get shot down by arrows and stuff so I gave them shields. Models this expensive shouldn't be stuck with such low armor saves. Again, I'm used to Space Marines. Oh and the General will roll with these guys.

19 Marauders
- Full Command
- Shields
- Light armor
Pts: 134

Maybe I'm delusional, but having no armor seems bad. The Full Command is there to maximize my chances of staying on the board long enough to kill something. I've heard great things about flails, but I happen to know that as far as Chaos units go, Marauders kinda suck, so it makes sense to keep them as cheap as possible. Oh and this is where the Battle Standard Bearer will go. The plan is to support the Warriors by sticking nearby and either charging in to help out or absorbing charges to stick enemy units in crappy situations. I doubt these guys will stand up to a charge from Cold One Knights or anything, but hopefully they can handle some Goblins or something.

5 Marauder Horsemen
- Chieftain
- Musician
- Flails
Pts: 93

These guys are there because they're cheap and fast. Hopefully they can flank big units and lay a beat down with their flails and not get completely killed in return. The Chieftain helps them not suck in combat too bad while the Musician makes them more likely to rally in the case that I use them as bait. They're also my cheap unit to pull Fanatics out of the 40 man blocks of Goblins I see around here.

Special

3 Chaos Ogres
- Mark of Khorne
- Mutant Ogre
- Great weapons
- Chaos armor
Pts: 200

Man and I thought Terminators were expensive. :crazy: These guys better be freaking awesome or I'm gonna be pissed.

Oh, right. Um, these guys are there to hit stuff. Hard. Repeatedly, if need be. Basically, they just hit things with their big clubs/axes/tree trunks until it stops moving.

Total: 1,000/1,000

Comments?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts