Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1k Ork warband

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  OrkByTheGraceOfGork 
#1 ·
So I have been trying to collect up to a fun 1k, very "Orky", list. I know there are some more ideal builds, but using the models that are almost painted and collected, I only lack a few lootas and a painboy to acquire. Just a few questions, what do you think of the list? How would you use it? What is the biggest weakness?

HQ:

Warboss
Cybork; PK; BP; TLS
w/ Nobz

Big Mek
KFF
w/ Lootas

Troops:

25x boyz
Nob; PK; BP; 2x big shootas

25x boyz
Nob; PK; BP; 2x big shootas

6x Nobz
Painboy; 1x combi-skorcha

Elite:

9x Lootas
Deffguns

Fast Attack:

3x Deff Koptas
TLRL

Total: 1000

The idea with this army is to have some options as to where the 2x HQs go. I'm leaning toward the "Green Tide" tactic with 3 troop types for objectives that also hit hard. One thing that will happen in the future, when I can afford to begin mechanizing this army, will be to pick up a couple of battle forces and build a unit of 30 shootas for some more flexibility at this size list. However, for now I will stick with the foot-slogg'n at 1k (also I only have a 4x4). I kind of feel that the army is too slow at 1500 point battles with pure 'tide' lists, so the move to a 1500 point list will require some time and money for complete mechanization. Thanks for the advice in advance.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Not bad I would probably give the boss some Eavy Armour and an attack squig for extra kumping.

One question here, doesn't the Cybork upgrade have an invulnerable save of 5+? Isn't that better than 5+ armor save?

The nobs are the only thing that really concern me. I would be infavor of dropping them for more boyz. Just make them hard boyz and that little 6 man group is now 12 with some staying power. Because the naked Nobs still have a 6+ save and cost twice as much.

Doesn't the painboy give the unit the ability to shrug off wounds on a 4+ save?

I think I would drop the big shootas out the squads if they are slugga boyz because you want the slugga boyz to run every turn that they are not in CC or about to assualt so the big shootas would be wasted points.

I agree with this logic, however, I was thinking of the big shootas give these units flexibility with some missions...?

you can do a green tide very effectivly at 1500 points. I run one you just have to consider do I want to push 100+ models all over the table. Good luck and happy waaaghing.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to need a break from painting all of these boyz (60 almost finished). I'm considering 2x battle forces and a battlewagon.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Id drop the Warboss, Nobz, and Koptas.
In their place, i would invest in 2 Battlewagons, and put the Boyz and KFF inside.

Something like....

Big Mek
- KFF
85 points

19 Boyz (KFF goes here)
- Nob/PK/BP
- Battlewagon w Deffrolla and BS
269 points

20 Boyz
- Nob/PK/BP
- Battlewagon w Deffrolla and BS
275 points

12 Boyz
- Nob/PK/BP
- Trukk
147 points

8 Lootas
120 points

7 Lootas
105 points

1001 points
(Dammit, just over)
I'll certainly try this type of list after I collect up some vehicles and mechanize the army. For now I'm just trying to collect and paint a solid 'greentide' 1k list that will also serve for a solid foundation for a more mechanized 1500-2k point list.

I'll also post pictures of this list as soon as I finish the boyz that I'm currently working on.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
HQ: 115

Big Mek: Bosspole; Kustom Force Field; Power Klaw

Troops: 614

Boyz X 29: Place KFF Mek here

Boyz x 29: Nob w/PK&BP

Boyz x 29: Nob w/PK&BP

Heavy Support: 270

Killer Kans X 3: Grotzookas x 3

Killer Kans X 3: Grotzookas x 3

Total Cost: 999

This list is simple but effective.

OBGOG
This list actually looks fun and interesting. Would you suggest 'shootas' for one of those mobz'? Or do the kans just make a wall, march forward, hoping the mobs will get there? Collecting this list would be fun and certainly a solid 'Orky' base for larger lists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.