Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking this list out to the local GW since the dude I game with most is moving away in the next couple months. Gotta branch out. Apparently the local lists are pretty casual, with just about every faction represented. More Eldar and Tau apparently, and I have very little experience facing Tau and none facing Eldar. Then there's the whole thing where I have to own all the rulebooks and I only have BL digital editions for the BRB, AM, GK, and Assassins so that's what I have to work with. No SM/BA/DA lists just yet, though I will be buying a hard copy of the BA 'dex when it's released for sure. Anyway. Here's the list:

Company Command Squad - Chimera

Veteran Squad - 2x MG, Chimera

Veteran Squad - 2x MG, Chimera

Veteran Squad - 2x MG

Vendetta

Leman Russ Demolisher - hull and sponson HBs

Callidus Assassin

I know it's a lot of Melta, but I prefer it to Plasma. Get's Hot! and 5+ saves is a drag and seems to happen to me every time I think about shooting, and I have a friggin' ton of melta equipped models. Three Chimeras and a Demolisher should be enough suppressing fire for a good variety of targets, with the Vendetta for more long-ranged support once it comes into play. Apparently there are FMCs and a couple Fliers kicking around that I should think about. The Callidus is a bit of a wild card, I just repainted the model and want to use it. Plus with her ridiculous Infiltrate rule and the 6's to-hit shooting at her the turn she arrives I think she's just the interference unit this army needs.

Think I've left any ridiculous holes?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The most obvious thing to me is that third vet squad with no chimera. What are they for? Won't they just get blown to kingdom come pretty early?

Seems stupid to mention but I'm guessing the heavy bolter sponsons on the demolisher are glued on, painted and you wouldn't consider pretending they aren't there? I wouldn't either if it were already painted but they seem so expensive for one S5 hit per turn

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. You know, I was all geared up to say 'they're flying in the Vendetta' when I remembered that Vendettas were capacity 6. Guess I was so stoked that this came out to 1k bang on that I overlooked that....good call Squire! That pretty much calls for a re-do of the whole list. As for the sponsons, I got the army entirely assembled and mostly painted. They are definitely glued on, and while I usually just rip stuff apart (see also, my three Land Raiders) I really actually like the 9 HB shots that it can throw out. They're good for Weapon's Destroyed, and have actually won me a game of The Relic because the Demolisher scattered off the lone model holding the objective while the 9 Snap Shots caused that one crucial wound. Not to mention other times where I got Crew Shaken/Stunned and still was able to toss out those Snap Shots as opposed to sitting around. Then there's WYSIWYG, the dude at the local GW was really hardline about that with me. As a venting side note, he alone is the reason I pretty much hate the store, and am going there to meet people so that I can game elsewhere (FLGS, my place, their place, generally just away from the dickness of this guy at GW).

Alright, I have to rethink this. Thanks for the comment @Squire, you have definitely helped me out! I'll post something new up soon. Likely something along the lines of 3x Chimera MeltaVets, Chimera CCS, pair of LRBTs...but I'll figure out the specifics after I drop the lady at work.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Deleted my last post because I came up with two seemingly solid options. If my opponent is cool with me playing Pask without having the little model sticking out of a tank, I'm thinking:

Pask in a Punisher w/ HB sponsons
Demolisher w/ HB sponsons

Vets - 2x Melta Gun, Flamer, Chimera

Hellhound - hull Heavy Flamer

Or, if I'm not allowed to play Pask because I dislike the proportions presented by the model sticking out of the tank:

Company Command Squad - Autocannon, Chimera

Vets - 2x Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Chimera

Vets - 2x Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Chimera

Demolisher - Heavy Bolter sponsons

Executioner - hull Lascannon, Plasma Cannon sponsons

Damn shame Vendettas aren't capacity 10 (at least) for transport :ireful2:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh, in keeping touch with the initial want to use my Callidus model that was recently rejuvinated here's those two lists with her snuck in:

Pask in a Punisher w/ HB sponsons
Demolisher w/ HB sponsons

Vets - 2x Melta Gun, Chimera

Callidus Assassin

As well,

Company Command Squad - Autocannon, Chimera, Carapace Armour

Vets - 2x Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Carapace Armour, Chimera

Vets - 2x Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Carapace Armour, Chimera

Vets - 2x Melta Gun, Flamer, Carapace Armour, Chimera

Demolisher - Heavy Bolter sponsons