Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so I am making a 1,000 point list. First off, no crap about the sorcerer. Yeah I know the DP is the best for its point cost but i dont want to buy a new model, but recommended upgrades are definitely welcome. So here is my list so far.

HQ:
Sorcerer- plasma pistol, gift of chaos, jump pack-150 pts

Troops: 506pts
Space Marines x8 Space Marines x8 Plague Marines x7
Rhino Rhino Rhino

Elite: 105pts
Terminators x3-90
combi meltas x3-15

Heavy Support: 170pts
Havocs x6
plasma guns x2
lascannon
heavy bolter

So what I really need is help on choosing a couple of upgrades and any questions or concerns would be great. Feel free to drop whole units and add something that you think would work. I put all the points cost at the side so it should make it a little easier. Right now there is 70 pts left so go crazy. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd say drop the jump pack on the sorcerer, hide him in squad and add MoT so you can cast GoC twice. Other than that drop the plasma guns, the heavy bolter and one Havoc from the Havocs, add Missile launchers and/or Las Cannons for fire versatility. It looks like a fun list.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
HQ:
Sorcerer- plasma pistol, gift of chaos, jump pack-150 pts
Ok, so the plasma pistol stays, cause it really isnt such a bad upgrade for the Sorcerer. I would change the jump pack to wings (this will need a slight conversion to the jump pack in the form of adding some feathers) so he can ride in the rhino (wings let him move like jump infantry, not classify him as jump infantry). His psychic power definitely needs a change though, and he needs a mark. So lets give him Slaanesh for some extra Initiative and to keep things cheap, and lets give him Warptime so he makes the most of that force weapon.

Troops: 506pts
Space Marines x8
rhino
Ok, so this isnt going to work. Good choice on the rhino, but we need some special weapons, and a champ in here. So lets add in 2x meltaguns for some tank-busting power, a champ who has a power fist for some extra power in assault, and lets put the squad up to 10 men.

Space Marines x8
rhino
Really, at 1k points you only need to have 2 troop choices, so lets drop these guys to save points, and to up the other squad.

Plague Marines x7
Rhino
Ok, again solid choice, but lets give out some meltaguns and a power fist wielding champ to this squad

Elite: 105pts
Terminators x3-90
combi meltas x3-15
Perfect :)

Heavy Support: 170pts
Havocs x6
plasma guns x2
lascannon
heavy bolter
Hmmm... You have the right idea, but lets tweak it a bit. Lets give this squad 2x Missile Launchers and 2x Lascannons/Autocannons (whatever you have available; If possible, go for Autocannons for cost reasons)
Ok, so after this we have the following list:

HQ:
Sorcerer
-Plasma Pistol
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Warptime
-Wings
Cost: 165 points

Chaos Space Marines x10
-2x Meltaguns
-Icon of Khorne
-Including Champ with a Power Fist
-Rhino
-Combi-Melta
Cost: 300 points

Plague Marines x7
-2x Meltaguns
-Including Champ with a Power Fist
-Rhino
Cost: 256 points

Terminators x3-90
combi meltas x3-15
Cost: 105 points

Havocs x6
-2x Missile Launchers
-2x Autocannons
Cost: 170pts

Ok, so this comes in at 986 points all up. So you have 14 points left to spend somewhere in the army. I would add a combi-melta to the chaos space marine squad's rhino, which leaves you with 4 points

This list will definitely work at 1k points, and should do fairly well. Plenty of anti-tank, plenty of in-your-face assault units, including a Chaos Sorcerer who can move 12", and still go in a rhino (check the Chaos Marines faq on the GW site; btw, I would put him in the Plague Marine's rhino for protection and so the Plague Marines can support in the next turn)

Good Luck :victory:

·
Registered
86 Posts
@ Dawnstar good catch on the no SW's in CSM units I completly biffed that one,thanks. The cost of the 10 CSM MoK unit is 285 not 300, it seemed a little high to me,unless I missed some thing.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
@ Dawnstar good catch on the no SW's in CSM units I completly biffed that one,thanks. The cost of the 10 CSM MoK unit is 285 not 300, it seemed a little high to me,unless I missed some thing.
Well spotted! It indeed is only 285, so you have another 19 points you can spend :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts