Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1k version of my 2.5k army list I made a few weeks back.

Heroes

Thane - 115
BSB
MroGromril

Thane (General) - 94
GW
MroChallenge

Core

10x Quarrellers - 135
Muscian
GW's

19x Warriors - 205
GW
Musician
Champion

Special

14x Hammerers - 248
Full Command
RoGrungi

Cannon - 140
Engineer
RoForging

Bolt Thrower - 60
Engineer

TOTAL = 997

I am still undecided as to where my heroes should go. My original plan was to put the combat Thane in with the Hammerers so that his MroChallenge can call in a unit that a mage is hiding in or one that he wants to protect. However I do not know which would be better 19 S5 WS4 Warriors or 14 S6 WS5 Hammerers that are Stubborn.

Adding to this would be the idea of placing my Hammerers in the center with the BSB to make it easier to spread the 5+ AS against shooting AND the BSB re-rolls etc to the rest of my force.

The Quarrellers would hang out on a flank doing their stuff and charging in to get a lucky flank attack or protect the war machines. Ranged troops with the basic stat line of my Warriors? Yes please!

On the topic of my war machines; the cannon was my first choice and I stripped my two heroes of a few runes (BSB lost preservation and my combat thane lost offensive runes which I thought justified at this level) in order to fit the Bolt Thrower in.

So, do my heroes need more runes? Where should I place my heroes? Is the Bolt Thrower needed? Any other suggestions are, as always, appreciated :drinks:

P.S I can also swap this list to one that is better against an enemy with more magic by simply swapping my combat Thane to that of a Rune Smith armed with a RoSpellbreaking.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shields on the warriors with great weapons for the armour save. I dont like just the great weapon on the thane to be honest, he only has a 4+ save against enemies then. The hammerers are nice but they need shields too, they are too expensive to die on the way in. I would recommend giving your thane possibly the rune of stone and a rune of resistance if your set on a great weapon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would you suggest getting rid of to find the points for the shields and the runes on the Thane?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Firstly the ROF for the cannon, get rid of it, that gives you either the shields or the runes, then change the MRoG on the BSB for sheild+rune of stone that gives you the points you need for my suggested changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts