Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided instead of focusing on both the competitiveness and lore of an army, I'm just going to go for models I like and I came to conclusion elsewhere I like Dreadnoughts. Anyway here's a preliminary list using Blood Angels Codex for an overly aggressive Minotaurs list.

HQ

Reclusiarch - Power fist = 145 pts

Elites

Furioso Dreadnought - Blood talons / Heavy flamer = 135 pts
Drop pod - 35pts

Troops

Death Company Dreadnought - Blood talons = 125 pts
Drop pod - 35 pts

Death Company Dreadnought - Blood talons = 125 pts

20 Death Company = 400

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
expensive list, but i love it. does the 2nd dread not have a pod? if not its gunna take while to get across the table. and walking the dc's will take a tone of damage before they can do anything. maybe look at dropping a few to give them jump packs, or a rhino? something to get them in the fight quicker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The pure assault power in this list is awesome! Like fatmantis, I think transports would be a great investment for an army like this. Blood Angles have fast rhinos so that makes it even better.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Firstly, :rofl:

If you put fists on one of the dreadnoughts it will help with armour, as you lack that at moment. I suggest the Furioso. For that matter, make it a Fragioso and call it a day of flame templates. Jump packs aren't worth it for DC, but dropping the 11 DC it would take to field a Rhino? I don't know about that. Them running with FnP vs. T3 (maybe 2) assaulting out of a Rhino? No dice. Personally, I would drop the PF on the Rec., throw him and 9 DC into a DP, then use the rest to buy a DP for the second DC dread and a THIRD DC dread in a DP. 5 points left over. Fragioso, DC, and DC dread drop T1, second two DC dreads whenever. As a bonus if your opponent is cool with you doing 1005 points, drop the MBs and switch one of the DC dreads to a SECOND Fragioso. Then you could do two Fragiosos and the DC T1. BT's to follow for suitable blending of enemy parts.

:drinks:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts