Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a game against some wood elves recently and i used this list, i lost but it was close.

anyway what do you think??

heroes
sorceress, tome of furion, lvl 2 wizard. 162pts

core
16 x dark elf warriors , lordling, musicain, standard bearer 127pts
12 x corsairs, reaver, musicain, standard bearer, banner of the sea serpent 192pts

specail
5 x cold one knights, dreadnight, musicain, standard bearer 159pts
10 x witch elves, hag, musicain, cry of war 125pts

rare
hydra 175pts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Either bulk up the Warriors unit or the Corsairs unit, and take off the command for the small special units, it won't be doing much. Consider dropping something to make room for Pendant of Khaeleth and Dark Pegasus on the Sorc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't take any more than that on her in a 1000points army. :)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
can't take any more than that on her in a 1000points army. :)
Since she is your only hero, you can get up to 250 points on her. Even with her somehow having an additional 12 points put on her, she has room for the Pegasus and Pendant.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i had a game against some wood elves recently and i used this list, i lost but it was close.

anyway what do you think??

heroes
sorceress, tome of furion, lvl 2 wizard. 162pts
Pendant of Khaleth, Dark Pegasus, Tome of Furion and Extra level. Lore of Dark magic will give her the 'power of darkness' spell, giving her a total of 4 spells. Meaning you can definitly get 2 spells off, possibly all 3 if you cast Power of darkness well.
Consider Darkstar cloak if you dont want to rely on PoD, but you will only have 2 spells. But does open up room for other lores.
Pegasus is a good buy at smaller games, gets her into good positions. Never underestimate a chillwind casting flying sorceress.

core
16 x dark elf warriors , lordling, musicain, standard bearer 127pts
Get this to at least 20, 24 is better.
12 x corsairs, reaver, musicain, standard bearer, banner of the sea serpent 192pts
If you're going to run these guys with banner of the sea serpent then they need to be at least 4 strong, running 6x4. If not, run them with just a muscian and repeater handbows. Pretty good on the flank in small games.

special
5 x cold one knights, dreadknight, musicain, standard bearer
You don't want full command on this unit at this points level. It's just too expensive.
10 x witch elves, hag, musicain, cry of war 125pts
Drop this, they suck hard at this model count.

rare
hydra 175pts
Beauty.
Before you consider with elves, get Black Guard first. Best unit in the army.
A unit of 5 harpies will be good march blockers and will give the sorceress other things to do other than blast warmachine crews.

I really think you need to boost the Spearmen to at least 24. Although 30-40 would be much better.

A unit of 10 repeater crossbowmen would also be a good buy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet :) what do you reckon is the best lore for a second sorceress ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be dark on one. thanks :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts