Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I put together a 1k list for daemons after some feedback from elsewhere originally I was just going to use daemons as allies for my Word Bearers but if I figured I could branch out into a a proper army and this is the list I've come up with after feedback and looking at other threads. I noticed the DP of Slaanesh in another thread and was interested by it but I Think it relied to much on getting the right powers.

HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Psyker lvl 2 / Greater Reward - Balesword / Daemonic flight - 270
Karanak - 120

Troops
Bloodletters (20) - Bloodreaper / Icon of Chaos / Banner of Blood - 225
Plaguebearers (10) - 90

Fast Attack
Seekers of Slaanesh - (10) - Heartseeker - 125

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh - 150

Total - 1000

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'd drop the Bloodreaper and Heartseeker upgrades, then one Bloodletter, so I could get power armor on the Prince. I know, you have a 2+ cover save... but that won't help you in combat or against Ignores Cover shots. I'd also be tempted to drop another 2 Bloodletters in exchange for Torrent on the Soul Grinder.

Other than that, looks like a slick little list for 1k points.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I kept messing with it so I forgot to change things this is how it looks atm after correcting the stuff and adding in your suggestions.

HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Psyker lvl 2 / Greater Reward - Balesword / Daemonic flight / Warp-forged Armour - 290
Karanak - 120

Troops
Bloodletters (19) - Icon of Chaos / Banner of Blood - 215
Plaguebearers (10) - 90

Fast Attack
Seekers of Slaanesh (10) - 120

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh - Baleful Torrent- 170

Total - 1000

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
just cant help thinking that a herald on a jugger cost about the same....
That's a fair point. At this points level, it's not like too many players are going to be running obscene psyker-spam, as much as Karanak is useful for countering that. You might be more effective with a Kherald on a Juggernaut w/ Greater Etherblade. Or swapping Bloodletters for Daemonettes with a Beguilement Slaherald.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts