Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. As the title says I'm looking to build a 1000 point "core" list to tide me over until the magical day of the new Codex: Dark Eldar.

1x Archon w/ Shadow Field, Bike, Punisher, T.Helm

3x Reaver Jetbikes w/ Succubus, Punisher, T.Helm, 2x Blasters

8x Wyches w/ Succubus, Agonizer
Raider w/ Diss

10x Warriors w/ 2x DL

10x Warriors w/ 2x DL

2x Ravager

1x Ravager w/ 3x Diss

I do have a rule question while I'm here. The Archon is S3, T3 with a 5+ and the FAQ'd jetbike entry says "A Dark Eldar character on a Reaver Jetbike changes it's unit type from Infantry to Jetbike, with all the benefits of an Eldar Jetbike described in the rulebook." Eldar Jetbikes are described in the Eldar Codex as conferring a 3+ to the model on them...does this apply to the Archon?

Thanks. CC welcome.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
No they mean the BRB not the Eldar codex, we keep the 5+ save as I understand it

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
as the Jetbikes are you need at least min 5 for that setup to fully work as there is too few wounds before the succubus gets hit and will die.

If you want more bikes drop one of the DL ravagers for 4 more standard bikes giving you a large unit of 8, then before you hit CC in the movement phase you can break off your archon (the reason for this is simple - if you losse more than half the bikes you may have to fall back for the rest of the game meaning he'll just run and be ignored removing him means he can regroup no matter what making him a huge threat still)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very true. Most peoples' HQs dont really stand up to a archon. Some times we can just put some many wounds on the charge at I7 they just flat out die. I ran a jet bik squad once. Was like a 8 man with my archon burried in it. The squad got shot to shit then hit by a psycher squad from guard, dropped my LD to 2 and obviously i failed and he spent the whole game running 3D6 off the table as the guard player just chuckled and laughed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Combat drugs! Your archon should never leave home without them! If necessary you can drop him to a drachon to fit in the drugs. The effects of the drugs will make up for any stat losses (aside from W, and once you start taking wounds you won't last long anyway).
Besides, the drugs'll make the looooooong wait for a new codex bearable for him.
Also I'd spread the disintegrators among the ravagers. That way if your opponent fears them, he can't take them all out in one shot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What bout a nightmare doll . DE with first turn helps a hell of alot .

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've played three games with this list (W2, L1) and in all of them the bikes just got generally squashed. Would it be worth dropping a Ravager to get 3/4 more bikes?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
You could try it but I would keep the ravagers, bikes will always get squashed in such small numbers as they usually carry fast anti tank weapons and they get good saves, where as the ravager doesn't so tey will usually kill bikes off first. As I said experiment and see how it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts