Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Getting my models together so I can start playing Fantasy in a couple weeks. Many people in my area will be starting new armies as well, so we'll likely be playing small games to start as we learn the rules.

Here's what I've come up with for a 1,000 point list.

1000 Pts - Daemons of Chaos Roster

Herald of Khorne (1#, 115 pts)
Herald of Khorne
Armour of Khorne

Herald of Slaanesh (1#, 115 pts)
Herald of Slaanesh (Battle Standard Bearer)

Bloodletters of Khorne (19#, 283 pts)
18 Bloodletters of Khorne (Musician; Standard Bearer)
Bloodreaper
Icon of Endless War

Daemonettes of Slaanesh (19#, 283 pts)
18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh (Musician; Standard Bearer)
Alluress
Banner of Ecstasy

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (17#, 204 pts)

Total Roster Cost: 1000

It seems kinda wonky and I'm not really sure about the unit of Horrors, but given my rather limited model collection it's about the best I can do at this point level. Should I perhaps drop the Horrors for a Special or Rare choice? Some Flamers, perhaps?

Thanks for reading!

Katie D

·
Registered
442 Posts
yes drop the horrors 4 somthing like screamers as 17 is not a big enough unit to smash out the damage where as screamers if you could find 6pts u could get 7 7 s5 slashing attacks a turn

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the Daemons army list, but I know that if you do replace the Horrors, flamers are godlike. They get a ridiculous number of shots at a good strength, and hold up particularly well in close-combat as well. If you do switch to them, it's a good investment, though perhaps a bit mean. I don't remember you ever saying you played Fantasy before, so is this your first time?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I will say that my friend's flamers are about the only part of his army that scares me, they will destroy a 10 man unit of Empire Knights in a single shot, being able to stand and shoot and skirmishers makes them nigh unkillable.

That said, considder some Seekers of Slaaneesh, Plastics release in August. (Not rumor I have personally seen the sprue at my local GW)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts