Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 Point List

HQ:

Farseer – 100pts
Warlock Council w/jetbike – 50pts

TROOPS:

8x Dire Avengers w/wave serpent (holo-fields, twin-linked bright lance) – 239pts
6x Windrider Jetbikes w/2x shuriken cannon – 122pts

FAST ATTACK:

Crimson Hunter – 160pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Wraithlord w/scatter laser, bright lance, ghostglaive – 165pts
Wraithlord w/scatter laser, bright lance – 160pts

Farseer rides with Dire Avengers, will roll on Runes of Fate chart hopefully getting something nasty, will revert to guide if eldritch storm probably. Warlock with jetbike joins jetbike unit and take conceal to boost that cover save from jink even more. Suggestions??

1500 Point List

HQ:

Farseer – 100pts
2x Warlocks w/jetbike – 85pts

ELITES:

Wraithblades w/wave serpent – 275pts

TROOPS:

7x Dire Avengers w/wave serpent (holo-fields, twin-linked bright lance) – 226pts
7x Dire Avengers w/wave serpent (twin-linked bright lance) – 211pts
6x Windrider Jetbikes w/2x shuriken cannon – 122pts

FAST ATTACK:

Crimson Hunter – 160pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Farseer does the same as before. Jetbike warlock does same. Other warlock rides with the other Dire Avengers unit. I added the wraithblades as I feel the list is lacking in the close combat department. I am not sure whether to take the ghost axes or the ghost swords? Again, suggestions please!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I look at both those lists and think you are really low on troops and on model count. I also would recommend TL scatter lasers and cannons on the serpents as their s6 weight of TL fire is then huge. Can't comment on the lords as I haven't used them much but they seem to be taking up a lot of points.

My 2 cents. All the best

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like it but there is room for improvement.
like mentioned above, a twin -inked scatter laser is an excellent choice for the serpent as it will (almost) every time twin-link either the under-slung shuriken cannon it should take or if you deactivate the serpent shield for twin-linked D6+1 S7 shots that ignores cover and pins uniits :victory:

I'd get rid of the crimson hunter and get another squad of jetbikes as it's a pretty big investments and you only have two troops choices.

Scatter lasers and bright lances are not cumulative and shouldn't both be put on a wraithlord, and only get the ghostglaive if you have spare points. dedicate the wraithlords for specifik battlefield duties, like one with 2 Bright lances and one with Scatter laser and Starcannon for exampel.

Holo-fields are great but not a must have so drop it to afford a few of these suggestions.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Scatter lasers and bright lances are not cumulative and shouldn't both be put on a wraithlord, and only get the ghostglaive if you have spare points. dedicate the wraithlords for specifik battlefield duties, like one with 2 Bright lances and one with Scatter laser and Starcannon for exampel.
Personally I was going to go for the same Wraithlord loadout. Surely the Scatter Laser will twin-link the Bright Lance? Although they do cost the same pts so you may be better off with 2 Lances and have a chance at 2 Lances hits on a tank, but having the Scatter Laser will make them a little more versatile.

Pretty sure the Warlocks can't go with Dire Avengers, so you can either change them for some Guardian or remove the second Warlock for some extra points.

Other than that you definitely need more troops as mentioned above. 3 Troops should be OK for 1500pts, but you'd be better off with another Jetbike Squad. Definately and extra troop for the 1000pts list though!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah you got a point with the extra S6 shots and twin-linked BL instead of 2 BL, but imo it's a waste of shooting by aiming a SL at a high armour target or a BL vs hordes, and everything in between could be dealt with with some shuri cannons or starcannon. If you want versatility I'd go with any combo of EML, SL and Starcannon with which you're able to thin out infantry, hurt vehicles, MEQ/TEQ or wound MCs, but I guess it's all personally which works best.

Wow, I totally looked past that second warlock in the 2nd list, must've read spiritseer or something.. Shelman is right though, no warlock for the DA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts