Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to use the new Culexus rules as I think they're they best yet to represent a Dan Abnett style daemonhost. I think it would be best in a Valkryie, as that would give you a very mobile 12" radius with which to nullify psychic powers. Should be nice for invisibility. He's a single model with more than one wound and a 4++ so he's an ideal candidate for grav chute. I'm hoping to pull some shenanigans by dropping him by my own psykers for a super boosted volley.

The first 1k is pretty simple. You've got your traitor Inquisitor, and his reanimating pal. They're both leading small hordes of sacrifices to the chaos gods. Got a heretical preacher in there for good measure. The rest go to the necessary stuff, anti-armor/anti-air (vendeta) and objective clearing (wyvern/drop flamer team).

The 2k is where the fun begins. Now we have the Culexus riding around in a Valkryie. I prefer the hellstrikes over the rocket pods when prescience is available as it is better anti-air. There are 3 armored sentinels that have a hilarious first turn salvo available of 3 lascannons and 3 krak missiles with prescience. The rest of the points are spent on beefing up the blobs and adding psykers.

I know there are problems with the first blob. It is extremely points heavy and Yarrick will be executing psykers left and right. But it is a monster in close combat and is the best way to protect my psychic batteries. I need lots of levels to throw at the Culexus, and sometimes even daemon summoning! Hopefully I can avoid executions by casting all the 2 charge powers with the other unit.

With the Inquisitor as my warlord instead of Yarrick, I get to roll on strategic!

Lost and the Damned (1000)
Platoon Command: autocannon, 2 grenade launchers - 50
Chimera - 65

Commissar Yarrick - 145
Priest - 25
Infantry: autocannon, flamer, melta bombs - 70

Vendetta - 170
Platoon Command II: 4 flamers - 50

Inquisitor (Warlord): force sword, bolt pistol, liber heresius, 3 servo skulls - 79
Infantry II: lascannon - 70
Infantry II: lascannon - 70

Wyvren - 65

Platoon Command I: autocannon, 2 grenade launchers - 50
Chimera - 65

Commissar Yarrick - 145
Inquisitor: force sword, bolt pistol, rad & psychotroke grenades - 85
Primary Psyker: level 2 - 75
Priest - 25

Platoon Command II: 4 flamers - 50
Vendetta - 170

Inquisitor(Warlord): force sword, bolt pistol, liber heresius, 3 servo skulls - 79
Primary Psyker: level 2 - 75
Infantry II: lascannon, flamer, melta bombs - 80
Infantry II: lascannon, flamer - 75
Infantry II: lascannon, flamer - 75
Aegis: comms relay - 70

Armored Sentinel I: lascannon, hunter-killer, searchlight - 61
Armored Sentinel II: lascannon, hunter-killer - 60
Armored Sentinel III: lascannon, hunter-killer - 60

Culexus Assassin (Daemonhost) - 140
Valkyrie: heavy bolter sponsons - 145

Wyvren - 65

1 - 1 of 1 Posts