Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
First a note its Горбачёв, which means not Gorbachev but Gorbachiov. something like that, English letters are stupid.... :p

regarding to RP I'll be interested in both. Does not matter to me ^^, as both sounds interesting.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
However, for all the good I have one negative question here?? This is a 40k forum, and 40k is classically depicted wih blood, gore battles and very interesting and sometimes complex story lines.
How does the fact that its a 40k forums has any effect on his RP? Remember that this is an RP section of the Heresy forums not a 40k RP section of the Heresy Forums.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
I know that there is no reason to argue but still I must disagree with BAV and Arkreever. I still cant see how people can find it offensive. This is an RP section, so now every time I "Attack" another players character he will be able to report me for personal attack?

This is after all an alternate reality which means that the only connection is the past. I think that its a waste of time, limiting threads like this. Also what if he said that this plant is called Earlf and rename the countries so then its fine... Its not like people wont understand bu on the other hand you cant claim that its effected by direct politics of today and of the recent past...Its like adding an "R" to every country and then saying its not about this countries... Cant you see its the USSRR and USAR? In the end I find also those laws about the fact that political issues can only be dealt in the news section pretty stupid. Its not like its not offensive there, the same people who find it offensive here will find it offensive there which means its a total waste of time and energy to try and "hide" it.

I also cant find anything to be offended about, even if someone told me that he decided to exterminate Israel, so what, its a RP, you don't have to take everything seriously... I really doubt the fact that the people who could have played here will really act according to their political views in reality.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
The reason FOW is not opening a 40k RPG is because he is less interested in 40k, originally I came here only for the RP, I didnt know its mainly 40k RPs but I didnt mind as I liked 40k universe very much. I later suggested to FOW to come here and he agreed but he did not like the 40k universe as much as I did so he opened normal non 40k RPs. At least thats what I remember that he told me...

Also I was about to say that Emperorhand, about the agreeing thing :p I think that if you just change the "universe" that its taking place, change name of countries and here you go an RP which wont offend anyone. Although I still find the rule against it unreasonable.

P.S Emperorshand you have never been a "victim" of a personal attack. You brought it on yourself... :p but lets keep that closed subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts