Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so wanted to try out a new list for an up coming game. Before you start suggesting things I will just say please don't suggest oblits,lash anything, or plague marines. I don't really any of them at all. other than that would like to get some thoughts on the list

Daemon prince 155
wings, warptime

3 terminators 120
2 combi meltas, heavy flamers, chainfist

5 choosen 185
5 meltas, IOCG, rhino

10 chaos marines 255
rhino, 2 meltas, champ (fist), IOCG

10 chaos marines 255

10 chaos marines 195
plasma gun, lascannon, IOCG

10 lesser daemons 130

10 lesser daemons 130

5 raptors 130
2 meltas, IOCG

Vindicator 150
daemonic possession, twin linked bolter ( had an extra 5 points so why not )

Vindicator 145
daemonic possession

·
Registered
592 Posts
3 combi-melta's on the terminators, and drop the chainfist in my opinion. Anyone that allows terminators to run rampant in their lines is a silly man. That means they will be shot at, and removed, likely on the turn they come down.

Change chosen to 3 melta 2 flamers, or 3 flamers 2 melta. 5 Melta is just overkill.

I would also never ever take a heavy weapon on a CSM squad. Even a footslogging one.

Split lesser Daemons into 4 5man squads.

This should also probably give you enough points for a rhino for the CSM squad :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would probably pull out the Chosen and get a greater daemon. The Chosen get countered by people staying away from the table edges. Chosen work great at contesting objectives but with all your meltas you want them to pop some armor. The other way you are using them is to help your deep striking, the only problem is you can't come in from the table edge and then deep strike from their icon the same turn. If you are going to use the Chosen only take 2 meltas. This way you can shoot both from the hatch while keeping your Chosen safe. Your army is more effective at 24 inches or less. I would recommend with the extra points, making your lascannon troop like your other two for another great way of charging and getting an icon close (how you were using the chosen only better). The Greater Daemon would be great with this heavy assault army. Plus then you have two monstrous creatures. I do agree with splitting the lesser daemons for more troops to capture and contest objectives.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Actually I rather like this list, but I would drop the plasma gun on your Rhino-less CSM squad and the Storm Bolter on your Vindie to take a third Vindie.

You could also drop the Raptors for more termicide, but that's an obvious substitution so you must have a tacic in mind with the Raptors.

good hunting.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cruor- hhmm I might consider the switch in the chosen squad to try it out. as for splitting up the daemons I like having that nice squad. usually small units die way to easily

DrinCalhar- dropping to only 2 meltas for the chosen I find a waste of points. I want to pull all I can out of them before they go away. really don't have the enough champs to get a greater deamon unfortunately. Even though they are fun to play with

inquisitor- thanks. I would take a third vindie but don't really have the model.

either way thank you for all the advice guys. I greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
622 Posts
Daemon prince 155
wings, warptime
i don't like psykers in my khorne armies, but this guy is indeed beast.

Add a summoned greater daemon

3 terminators 120
2 combi meltas, heavy flamers, chainfist
-1 chainfist, +1 combi melta

5 chosen 185
5 meltas, IOCG, rhino
Ditch the rhino, ditch the meltas, put in plasma and as many extra bodies as points allow and infiltrate these guys.

10 chaos marines 255

10 chaos marines 255
good

10 chaos marines 195
plasma gun, lascannon, IOCG
champ w/pf, rhino, and 2 x flamer with IoCG

10 lesser daemons 130

10 lesser daemons 130
8 and 8 respectively. Fluffy and adequate.

5 raptors 130
2 meltas, IOCG
Drop these to pay for the greater daemon and such

Vindicator 150
daemonic possession, twin linked bolter ( had an extra 5 points so why not )

Vindicator 145
daemonic possession
Vindicators are good, but I would swap them for 2 defilers with 4 x dccw. Fluffy, punchy, and ranged.

my 2 cents

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
How about this?

HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Wings; Warptime
155 points
• Daemon Prince - Wings; Warptime
155 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
255 points
• 10 Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
255 points
• 10 Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 flamers; Rhino
245 points
• 10 Lesser Daemons
130 points
• 10 Lesser Daemons
130 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
1,850 points

hth

·
Registered
592 Posts
cruor- hhmm I might consider the switch in the chosen squad to try it out. as for splitting up the daemons I like having that nice squad. usually small units die way to easily
Drop them in cover and go to ground, and they won't.

That's what you use them for, anyways.

On the odd chance you assault with them, you assault together with something.

And, eh, Inigo Montoya, this is Word Bearers. Not World Eaters. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
inigo- haha 8 for fluff? it's a word bearers army no world eaters hahaha. like cruor said

cruor- I usually like assaulting the turn they come in. I might try it. But I think I will try changing the chosen to that set up for this game

Svartmetall I don't like the heavies in that list. I HATE oblitorators. just horrible fluff and models ( my opinion of coarse ) and don't really have any defilers. but other than that pretty neat list. thanks for ideas for next time

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
First off, kudos for using summoned demons.

I haven't had much luck with them since the current codex came out and Bloodletters and Flamers only get dressed to kill in the Daemon list.

The terminator squad is definitely splitting the difference, but hey you won't always be able to land and kill tanks or roast infantry.

With the melta guns spread so evenly you have a really nice mobile way to deal with armor, and that looks good.

As for the lascannon plasmagun unit, it might be worth splitting them into 2 5 man units adding another icon for the sake of mobility and summoning. I've had good experiences with a series of small marine units toting special or heavy weapons. They aren't bad for summoning. They can go after objectives. They offer a supporting fire, but unlike other units they might not be split in effectiveness i.e. 8 bolters 'firing' at a tank so the plasma gun and lascannon can get to work. They just add flexibility, though not oomph on their own.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
I like the list, I can see why you have armed your termies so, kinda jack of all trades thing going on but I'm not convinced.
The only other thing that I dislike in the list is the plasma gun lascannon squad, I would drop the lascannon and stick another plasma gun in the squad with a rhino.
I suppose its your 'long' range threat but only one isn't a threat and you'll be limited with what you can do with the squad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.