Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
played my first game whit the new codex and wow it changed (played a game whit 180 points of filler that i quite like)

the list i used:

HQ:
khan: 150
moondrakken

Troops
bikers 8x + attack bike: 298
2x plasma
mm
veteran sgt
pf
combi melta

2x
bikers 8x + attack bike: 263 -> 526
2x plasma
mm
vets sgt

scouts 10x: 140
camo cloacks 10x
snipers 10x

Elite
legion of the dammed 5x: 160
mm
plasma gun
combi plasma

Fast
3x
storm talon: 125 -> 375
sky hammer ml

Heavy support
2x
thunder fire cannon: 100 -> 200

for a total of 1849 points

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is what I'm seeing

HQ: Good (well, mandatory, so)

Troops: I am seeing a lot of plasma and melta. Depending on your meta, perhaps give some grav guns (seeing as they're 3 shot on the relentless bikes). With the scouts, just in terms of set up, I recommend combat squadding. Splitting fire, only 5men have to go to ground rather than 10, etc.

Elites: What purpose do the LotD serve? how do they fit into your army? You're building a fast moving force supported by a fire base. You have enough plasma as is, and there are much better fire support platforms than the LotD. If they're deepstriking (do they still have to?) Why plasma? why not give them a meltagun. (But personally they're too slow and immobile for the type of force you're building).

Fast: I would recommend the TML over the SHML. the range difference is minimal, seeing as they're fliers and can easily get in range.

HS: good. I'm a fan of TFC, so nothing to change here.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yay a responce

the lotd are a responce unit they come down where i need them to show up shoot the problem in cover becouse they ignore cover and annoy the crap out of ppl. The reason why i opted for plasma over melta is they scatter and vof. plasma is the better choice

shml and tml the damadge they put out is basicly the same but i agree if they were the same price i would most certanly take the tml but the 20 point difference is why i prefer the shml

btw khan is awsome becouse he gives all my bikers scout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts