Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, Revitalizing my ultramarines. Local games are all 1850 and everybody runs a special character (just a unspoken rule)

H.Q.: Marneus Calgar 185

Troop: 10 tactical squad.
Plasma cannon
Plasma gun
Sergeant with T.honors
Power fist
Storm bolter 215

Troop: 10 Tactical
Missle Launcher
Flamer
Sergeant w/T.honors
Power Fist

Troop: 10 Tactical
Multi melta
Melta gun
Rhino w/extra armor serachlights and smoke 229

Troop: 10 Scouts
9 sniper rifles
heavy bolter 180

Hvy: Predator Anihlator 145

Fast: 2 land speeders w/ multi meltas 130

Fast: 2 land speeders w/ assault cannons
and heavy bolters 160

elite: dreadnougt w/ assault cannon
Searchlights 106

Elite: Dreadnought w/twin linked las
searchlights 126

Fast: 4 bikes
1 attack bike w/h.bolter 178

Total 1850

Played it once against blood angels for a draw

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
extra armour on your pred might help a little

should try and make the heavy bolter in the scout squad a missle launcher

try and find points to give the squad a rhino and power fist some how.

Marneus Calgar is he going to be in termie armour or power armour?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I would suggest making one of your squads a CC squad since right now it seems like you have limited CC options since if you assault you won't be able to shoot your heavy weapons.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'd strongly suggest dropping Calgar for Tigurius instead. The ability to choose which powers you want to have on deployment isn't something that should be overlooked.

Katie D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point on Tigurius Katie I have both models and will probably swap in and out depending if opponent has Psyker.

Thanks for the suggesstion on the ML in scout squad Dragon I might do that.

I realize its weakness is in close combat so I use the dreads and character to act as a counter assault force. That combined with the characters with P. fists has allowed them to hold there own although some units still rip em up pretty good.

Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em comming and Ill update with its progress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hello
dreds in combat can be ok, however i would pull out one of the dreds and one of the squads to make either and assult squad or a vet squad in a rino. This is good to grab corrners or even to counter assult. I found that a 8 to 10 man asssult squad can be very usful. Also, if you take calgar, he needs body guards as well. Might want to throw some termies with him or shove him in the vet squade if ya take one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya a character like marneus is made to excel in CC and as your army isn't very CC orientated I would opt for a different HQ. The point on a ML in the scout squad is very valid as it lets you infiltrate and get a side shot on a vehicle. I would also drop the meltas in the tactical squads. With no PF on a sgt and no CC abilities you are better off putting ML/Plasma guns in the squads to allow them maximum range.

Dreds are a personal choice, some people really like them (such as myself) while other people hate them because they have no luck. If you do decide to use a dred, make sure to give it extra armor, and deploy wisely. I don't consider dreds a viable CC option unless your opponent is lazy or dumb, but the assault cannon or LC can draw enemy fire and if they ignore the dred it can definately lay down some firepower.

An assault squad is definately a viable option with your army to provide CC (which you are sorely lacking) and also mobility. An assault squad with a PF and few plasmas can definately add some hard hitting power to your army. Consider dropping that third tactical squad, and replacing it with an assault squad.

Finally I would say split up the scout squad into 2 squads.

4 Sniper Rifles + HB
4 Bolters + ML

Have the ML squad infiltrate while the sniper squad can sit back and lay down supporting fire.

Otherwise the list looks like a good start!

Goodluck

Alias

1 - 7 of 7 Posts