Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to try this Ork list to see if its Tourney worthy.

Warboss (PK, Cybork Body, Boss Pole, Eavy Armore, Shoota Skorcha) 110
Nobz x7 (PK x2, Uge Choppa x4, Shoota Skorcha x4, Waaagh Banner, Pain Boy, Cybork Bodies, Eavy Armore) 340
Big Mek (KFF) 85
Battle Wagon (Armore Plates, Deff Rolla) 120

Lootas x10 150
Lootas x10 150

Slugga Boyz x20 (Nob, PK, Bosspole) 160

Gretchin x18 (Runtherd) 64

DeffKopta x2 (TL Rokkits x2) 90

Edited the list.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This list confuses me.

To answer your questions, yes it is legal, as for balanced what do you mean? Against all armies or get you soft scores at tournies?

Firstly, make all of the nob megarmour nobs. as they will cost you just a little bit more points, for a lot more in game effect.

secondly, why are you putting your best unit in the only transport which a grot could sneeze at and it dies. Have fun trying to get them across the field, they are your biggest target and you wrap them in paper.

too many big shootaz on the wagons. 2 is enough, most people run 1, I usually run 2. I would also take off RPJ as it is extra points for nothing.

Grots - great

Koptaz, most people here will tel you that they are not great and especially not tourney worthy, I am no different, they are a waste of space in this list. they will die and run turn 1 and you will cry.

Kanz are the second part which confuse me. You have a fast moving army and some kanz running up the rear. They won't reach combat or kill anything your opponent doesn't want them to. They will most likely die before doing any real damage

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Overall pretty solid, there are only 3 things really out of place with this list.

1. Nobs need to ride in a battlewagon. They're your best unit, don't put them in the only av 10 open-topped thing in your army, that's pretty much the same as walking since that transport will die round 1, it's too big of a target.

2. The kans are too slow in this army. The reason you take kans is for 9 strength 10 power attacks on the charge and reasonable but not great ranged support. The battle will be over and done with by the time the kans actually get to the fight. In both theory and practice, the kans get outrun in a mechanized list and have little to no impact on the outcome of the battle.

3. The slugga boyz need to drop their big shootas. The ability to fire a few more shots as they charge into assault only if they didn't WAAAGH! and in return get fewer attacks just isn't worth spending points on. That's an easy place to get 20 more points from to spend elsewhere.

So my suggestion is to drop the kans and buy a battlewagon for the nobs and some more lootas, who do the ranged support role your kans would be doing much more effectively.

·
4,491 Posts
I want to try this Ork list to see if its Tourney worthy.

Warboss (PK, Cybork Body, Boss Pole, Eavy Armore, Shoota Skorcha) 110
Looks ok.
Nobz x7 (PK x2, Uge Choppa x4, Shoota Skorcha x4, Waaagh Banner, Pain Boy, Cybork Bodies, Eavy Armore) 340
Looks ok.
Big Mek (KFF) 85
Looks ok.
Needs 2 Big Shootas so that weapon destroyed doesnt count as immobilized.

Lootas x10 150
Lootas x10 150
Excellent.:eek:k:

Looks good.

Looks good.

Gretchin x18 (Runtherd) 64
Looks good.

I think they are more viable in units of 1, otherwise when 1 dies the other runs away.
At least you have equipped them correctly though.
Consider dropping 1 or 2 to give your Battlewagons a couple of Big Shootas each.

Edited the list.
My advise is above.

·
Registered
221 Posts
As a rebuttal to what KoC said about deffkoptaz. They are even more useless in groups of 1... firstly they are empty kill points. secondly they will not kill anything before dying. thirdly they are empty kill points and die too easily (sorry but it is a very important point)

put simply, koptaz are not tourney worthy, despite being fun. Other than that what KoC said is 100% correct

·
4,491 Posts
put simply, koptaz are not tourney worthy
I agree.
I figured it was easier to tell him to drop a few rather than drop the lot, as its the theme he has gone for.

And regarding kill points, regardless of how many you run in a unit, they are going to die.
It also depends on your local rules too, a lot of people dont play kill points, and use victory points instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts