Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my local gaming store is having a tournament on the 11th. They are not allowing strong hold, escalation, or any of the things released during the advent release. Which sadly means still no Be'Lakor. They also allow forgeworld but you must own the physical copy of the book and sadly I dont so that means my decimator is a no go as well. So I remodified my list and here it is tell me what you think.

Hq
Bloodthirster - 290pts
2x greater rewards

Troops
Bloodletters x10 - 100pts
Nurglings x3 - 45pts

Fast Attack
Flesh Hounds x15 - 240pts
Flesh Hounds x14 - 224pts

Heavy Support
Skull Cannon - 125pts

Daemon Prince - 270pts
2x greater rewards
1x lesser reward
Wings
Armor
Khorne

Daemon Prince - 270pts
2x greater rewards
1x lesser reward
Wings
Armor
Khorne

Hq
Chaos Lord - 65pts
Power Armor
Bolt Pistol
Close Combat Weapon

Troops
Cultists x10 - 50pts

Fast Attack
Heldrake - 170pts

For a total of 1849pts

Here is the game types and deployments.

Round 1
Crusade, 5 objectives on Hammer and Anvil

Round 2
Purge the Alien on Dawn of War

Round 3
Emperors Will on Vanguard Strike

·
Registered
379 Posts
You have only 2 scoring units and neither of them are very durable; You might want to look into Plaguebearers. If you want to go for an assault army I would suggest running Bloodletters in bigger units i.e. 15-20 so they actually stand a chance of making it into combat. If you're looking for units to hold objectives I'd go with either Plaguebearers or Horrors.

That Lord seems pretty lonely imo also; He won't do you much good hiding in your small unit of Cultiststs and he's too slow on foor to be of any use to you. You might want to consider putting him on a bike or even dropping him altogether for a Daemon Prince with The Black Mace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never worry about objectives. I've never really had trouble with them either way. So thats the least of my concern. If I could I would use 2 nurgling troops. Im only using the lord because I needed the cheapest hq. Like i said above I wanted to run Belakor but this tournament has banned him. So im just taking the lord and cultists for a heldrake.

I find blood letters to be way to expensive. Before I owned 1 nurgling squad I would run 2 10x man squads. They pretty much just sat around doing nothing or just dying. I've noticed the hounds and thrister are all I really need for assult but the princes do good too so long as I stay away from hammers. Only thing im worried about is if the one gk player shows up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts