Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Good to see you getting back in the swing of things! When playing against Unbound lists I find you're pretty much boned unless you're as hell-bent on ruining the opposition as your opponent is.

235 - 10x RAS - 2x Melta, PF, Vet
You're over by 10 points here. At first I thought you had the Flamer squad under valued, but this was it.

What did you find the list was lacking the most, or do you feel it had more to do with your decision making? I'm finding in the escalation league I've been playing it was often my decisions being the issue. Point in case, I lose 3 matches with a list then won my next 3 with the same list (100 points was added, which isn't much of a change with marines) by just playing kinda the opposite that I did with the first three.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Yeah dude, when someone shows up with a stomp-faces Unbound list there isn't much you can do but hold onto your hat and roll the dice. I haven't played two assault squads since the new Codex was released (maybe once) but it's always been kitted Melta. If I ever ran two I'd still run one as the Flamer variant, though I face lots of infantry units where flame templates are handy. Either way, since your games are what they are I'd wager dropping the flame-assault squad for another Stormraven would be a solid choice.

Unless it's my fucking jerk of a Stormraven who consistently rolls 1's in spite of twin-linked weapons.

Would you be interested in dropping the Baal and the Scout squad for two 10 man Tactical squads in Rhinos? You might have to drop your PF down to some MBs, but I have been loving my 10 man squads in Rhinos.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That list looks pretty tight, though in my group the second Stormraven (and its sponsons) would be overkill. I just don't face enough flying things anymore to warrant a minimum of 400 points of my own army spent on Fliers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts