Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a tourney coming up @ my game store in a couple weeks & this is the list I wrote up for it. C & C welcome.

HQ - 360
Daemon Prince
Wings
MoT
Warptime
Wind of Chaos

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoS
Lash of Submission

Elite - 210
5 Chosen
5 Meltaguns
IoCG
Rhino
Xtra armor
Combi-melta

Troops - 878
8 Thousand Sons
Aspiring Sorcerer
Doombolt
Rhino
Xtra armor
Combi-melta
(all x2)

10 Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Powerfist

Heavy - 400
2 Obliterators

Chaos Land Raider
Possessed
Combi-melta
(Zerkers will be riding in here)

Total 1848

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some things i would suggest would be to change the thousand suns to plague marines because they would work well with the berserkers if you needed them to, the could take the assault from a unit and then you could send in the berserkers to counter assault and clean up, also they are really really good at holding objectives and they will be alittle cheaper than you tsons.

A change in the first daemon prince might also be good instead of mot make it mon and give him warptime and he will almost never lose combat especially if you are careful where you put him. and this would save you some more points.

if after that you have enough points i would go for an extra obliterator and if not you can always drop some berserkers which would also make it more fluff and i find they just do their best when at their magic number.

hope that helped good luck at the tourney!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Draidgen has some very good advice. I would also say you're very Troop light for 1850 pts. Ikd drop one DP and the LR for another unit of 'Zerkers and a Rhino.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
HQ - 360
Daemon Prince
Wings
MoT
Warptime
Wind of Chaos
This is the only other viable prince beyond lashers. Maybe take out WoC to conserve points as you're expensive enough. The reason he's competitive is he shrugs off half of what kills DPs(anti tank fire and ap3 fire)

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoS
Lash of Submission

Elite - 210
5 Chosen
5 Meltaguns
IoCG
Rhino
Xtra armor
Combi-melta
Those chosen DO NOT need a rhino with a combi melta, the rhino is just a means to give them more threat range off the board. Also four meltas works well enough, nets you another handful of points.

Troops - 878
8 Thousand Sons
Aspiring Sorcerer
Doombolt
Rhino
Xtra armor
Combi-melta
(all x2)
Woah woah. Wtf is this. Hahah.

Remove these immediately, these died with fourth edition. Get plague marines instead, six deep with guns, a champ, and a rhino. Also ditch the combi on the rhino, the rhinos should be buzzing about the board, not shooting.

10 Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Powerfist
These guys. Rhino. Now.

Heavy - 400
2 Obliterators

Chaos Land Raider
Possessed
Combi-melta
(Zerkers will be riding in here)

Total 1848[/QUOTE]
Dunno about the CLR I've never seen them do great things, plus with the lashing from the prince, zerks will have threat range from a rhino. Plus if you're taking oblits split up the squads. Why fire two lascannons at something if one destroys it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, if all anyone can really tell me is "Go Nurgle, get PM's" than apparently I'm in the wrong place. These are the models I HAVE - I'm not running out to buy new models just for a tournament. And, to be quite frank - I like TS's & so far, they haven't let me down. AP3 bolters, 4+ invuln save, Slow & Purposeful - tell me how they died in 4th ed? On that note - I don't like PM's.

Combi-melta's are out there for shots of opportunity on tanks. The CLR won't be able to kill all enemy armor, nor will the Oblits. And I've seen them used to great effect my another member of my gaming club.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, but other than LordWaffles suggesting that I drop WoC on my Tzeentch DP, none of this was really a help...

~Lord Xythius

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
You asked for c &c and you got it, but it seems coz it wasn't what you wanted to hear its worthless! That seems slightly contradictory!
For the list itself, I'd drop the EA off the rhinos, and the meltas with the spare points bring in either a termicide unit or more oblits! Drop zerkers down to 8 most effective number for fluff reaon and for survivability! If you obliterate a squad in your assault phase and as fun as it is you leave yourself open for vengeance which tends to quickly wipe the smile from your face!
I find LR's a bit hit or miss! Yer if you got 8zerkers and kharn coming out screaming then good times but its such a large target and one lucky shot you've lost your transport and some of your anti tank! For the same points you can get a rhino with EA and two oblits! Infact you're left with 50 points!
I would also be tempted to put bolt of change on the DP instead of WoC! Expensive yes but imagine popping a transport then assaulting the gooey inside with WT joy . . . . Good times

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
OK, if all anyone can really tell me is "Go Nurgle, get PM's" than apparently I'm in the wrong place. These are the models I HAVE - I'm not running out to buy new models just for a tournament. And, to be quite frank - I like TS's & so far, they haven't let me down. AP3 bolters, 4+ invuln save, Slow & Purposeful - tell me how they died in 4th ed? On that note - I don't like PM's.

Combi-melta's are out there for shots of opportunity on tanks. The CLR won't be able to kill all enemy armor, nor will the Oblits. And I've seen them used to great effect my another member of my gaming club.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, but other than LordWaffles suggesting that I drop WoC on my Tzeentch DP, none of this was really a help...

~Lord Xythius
Wow.

I don't know whether to call you out on being too lazy to make PMs out of regular chaos marine parts(Just use gobs of glue if you dont have greenstuff, it's not hard to make decent looking PMs for an afternoons worth of work), or the fact that you asked for advice and then chastised me when I gave you my honest opinion. I don't think paying a ton of points on "maybe meltas" is a pro idea. And Tsons are not the best configuration this edition.

Or my other advice might be something like "Don't be bad" or somesuch sarcasm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts