Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1850 Thousand sons list now including the new "Helcult dataslate formation"!

My first post on this forum!! Yeah me :biggrin:

With the popularity of the 1850 point games in the meta and on the tourney scene, I figured that I would try my luck at an 1850 point tourney legal list. Here goes....

HQ Chaos Sorcerer
psyker level 3
MoT
Ichor blood
Terminator armor

Elite (5) Chaos Terminators
(4) combi-meltas
Heavy flamer
MoT

Troop (7) Thousand sons
Rhino

Troop (7) Thousand sons
Rhino

Heavy Forgefiend
(2) Hades autocannons

Heavy (5) Havoks
(4) autocannons

Heavy Vindicator tank

Fast Heldrake
Baleflamer

Fort. Bastion
Quad gun

Detachment Helcult formation
Helbrute
TL Lascannon
Missile launcher

Troop (15) cultists
(14) autoguns
(1) flamer

Troop (15) cultists
(14) autoguns
(1) flamer

1849 points

It is a heavily themed 1K sons list ( i love the fluff), VERY shooty, and LOTS of anti-air for those pesky fliers and FMCs that I see everywhere.

Basically, the Lord and the terminators will deep strike in and take out high AV units in the enemy's backfield, the 1K sons move up in their metal boxes to take forward objectives, the two large groups of cultists hold my back field objective (fearless), the Helbrute sits in the backfield with the cultists and destroys tanks, the forgefiend sits back and destroys units in range, the unit of Havoks sit in the bastion blasting targets of opportunity while the Havok champ mans the quad gun, the Heldrake swoops in vector striking tanks while roasting troops like marshmallows, the Vindicator moves mid field with the 1K sons and lays down the pie plate of doom

It's not an uber-comp list by any means, but it should win some games just by the shear amount of high strength bullets, cannon rounds, and missiles going down field.

(1) Str 10 AP2, (1) Str 9 AP2, (4) Str 8 AP1, (8) Str 8 AP4, (12) Str 7 AP4, (12) Str 4 AP 3, (5) Str 4 AP5, and (28) Str 3 AP- all going downrange in the first shooting phase. :so_happy:

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Hey Sub-Zero welcome to the forum, hope the delay in feedback isnt a problem!

Anyway this is what I would change.. and a few other comments.

My first post on this forum!! Yeah me :biggrin:

HQ Chaos Sorcerer
psyker level 3
MoT
Ichor blood
Terminator armor

Drop the Ichor Blood, not worth the 5pts. Save it for other stuff or find 5 more points for Gift of Mutation, its not get for the Torniments but can be a great aid

Elite (5) Chaos Terminators
(4) combi-meltas
Heavy flamer
MoT

I would change the Heavy Flamer for a Repear Auto-cannon, as it has a better time shooting at the same stuff the Meltas want to melt.

Troop (7) Thousand sons
Rhino

Troop (7) Thousand sons
Rhino

Nothing wrong with these two units, may be worth looking at attaching an addtional weapon to the Rhino for more fire-power (Havoc or Combi-Bolter)

Heavy Forgefiend
(2) Hades autocannons

I dont like the Forgefiend, dies very easily, But keep it in cover and pick your targets and it will do very well.

Heavy (5) Havoks
(4) autocannons

With the Agise this is a nice unit, I would look at the cost of upgrading to Lascannons to help with AV14 problems

Heavy Vindicator tank

This will be a magent for firepower and cause allot of issues if it gets close, I would look to add the sigeshide to let it cover hop better

Fast Heldrake
Baleflamer

Great choice, moving on

Fort. Bastion
Quad gun

Try adding in a Voidshiled and some baricaes if you can, makes it live longer and helps build a bettter fort.

Detachment Helcult formation
Helbrute
TL Lascannon
Missile launcher

I worry about the lack of CC ablity, I would keep the Power Fist and add a flamer and walk it up the table and be quite the problem.

Troop (15) cultists
(14) autoguns
(1) flamer

Troop (15) cultists
(14) autoguns
(1) flamer

Good more scoring troops you need them! I would drop the Auto-guns for more points

1849 points
It is a good list! Hope its serving you well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts