Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a list that's competitive but not broken. I've got a couple ideas so far. First is probably the more fun of the two lists.

Haemon w/Liq-60
5x Warriors w/Blaster in Venom w/SC-125
6x Reavers w/CCx2.HLx2-196
6x Reavers w/CCx2.HLx2-196
1x VoidRaven w/FF,4x ShatterFields-195

COMBINED ARMS

Haemon w/Liq-60
5x Wyches w/HWG in Venom w/SC-125
5x Wyches w/HWG in Venom w/SC-125
3x Wracks w/Venom w/SC-95
1x Ravager w/FF-115
1x Ravager w/FF-115
1x Ravager w/FF-115

Upsides: Lots of Anti Tank between the different Lances. Reavers and Voids can hit tanks in the backfield. Wyches for things such as walkers. Voids can use missiles for light armor or blobs. Lots of anti infanty with 5 venoms, cluster caltrops, and being able to shoot all missiles at once. Everything is highly mobile.

Downsides: Very much glass cannon. If I can't wreck a lot of anti tank early. I'll never hold on in the end. Zero anti-psycher. Though I'm hoping I can take out invis units with missiles if I have to. Troops are very fragile. Flyer spam will be tough.

2nd list

Haemon-50
4x Trueborn w/4x Blasters in Venom w/SC-173
4x Trueborn w/4x Blasters in Venom w/SC-173
Ravager w/Disintigrators-105

COMBINED ARMS

Haemon-50
5x Wyches w/HWG,Hek w/Agon in Venom w/SC-155
5x Wyches w/HWG,Hek w/Agon in Venom w/SC-155
1x Ravager w/FF-115
1x Ravager w/FF-115
1x Ravager w/FF-115

Same basic principle. Trading Reaver damage for more lances. I think this list favors killing marines more. The extra Ravager and lances will make short work of exposed marines and termis.

Extra Venom, more AP2, more threats.
Still fragile. Less mobile. Reliant on Venoms.

Those are my 7th edition musings for now. Still trying to find the best way to put some Eldar allies in.

All C&C welcome :D

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Though I'm hoping I can take out invis units with missiles if I have to
you can't since you have to snap fire them: no blast on snapfire!!

Very much glass cannon
very much dark eldar :D

My general tought is: remove shatterfield missiles, save those points. the basic missiles are good enough.
remove the agoniser from the witches, and the champion as well. 5 witches are going to die to cultists pistol fire (or cc attacks...).
On reaver you want either heatlance OR caltrops, not both, since they are mutually exlusive in their use. again, saved points. with all those savings you can afford some more bodies. Anyhow, list one seems more funny, list 2 is just a variant of the old venom spam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts