Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..so Im still trying to come up with a viable 1850 list...not a whole lot of success so far...I have played this list...it did ok against a mech gaurd army and a plague marine army. But Im not so sure it will well overall as a all comers list..

HQ
Logan Grimnar - 275

Elite/Troop
Wolf Guard: x3 Terminators (SS on all), x1 Arjac, Land Raider (MM, SB) - 602
Wolf Guard: x4 Power Armor (BP, FW on all) - 152
Grey Hunters: x5 (Mark, Standard) x1 MG, Razorback (SB, PG/LC) - 205

1849 Total

I had Logan and the termies riding in the LR rolling up on big blobs and tougher squads to eat them. The hunters ran around popping things with the LC, when they were forced to disembark they had good wound allocation thanks to mark and standard, the guard with them acting as sgt did a decent job of tearing shit up along with the marked hunter. I have 5 scoring units with the list, did well initially..but figured Id post it and get some feed back before I started taking all comers with it...the biggest weakness I see with it as is, the inability to deal with psychic powers..thought I might play around with the points to see if I could bring a couple of lords with talismans and stick em with the hunters..not sure tho...anyways...feedback is welcome please!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Drop Logan and the terms and put in 2 RP and some Wg with PF/CM into the squads and throw in some melta guns. Drop some troops and put in some ML LF groups with razors.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
One hard charging unit is a good way to get a lot of points blown to hell real fast. Rp can give your razor line some INV saves and the ML can give you some more fire power.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok..so Im still trying to come up with a viable 1850 list...not a whole lot of success so far...I have played this list...it did ok against a mech gaurd army and a plague marine army. But Im not so sure it will well overall as a all comers list..

HQ
Rune Priest: PP, Jaws, Storm Caller - 115
Rune Priest: SB, Jaws, Storm Caller - 103
Rune Priest: Jaws, Storm Caller - 100

Elite
Iron Priest: Talisman, Necklace - 65
Iron Priest: Talisman, Necklace - 65
Wolf Guard: x3 PF, CM - 129

Troop
Grey Hunters: x8 Mark, Standard, x1 MG, Rhino (x2 SB) - 210

Heavy
Long Fangs: x2 ML x2 LC x1 Squad Leader (PW), Razorback (LC TLPG) - 235
Long Fangs: x2 ML x2 LC x1 Squad Leader (PW), Razorback (LC TLPG) - 235
Predator: x1 All LC - 165

1842 Total

I dont have enough missle launcher models to do all ML in the LF, and I like LC anyways. Wasnt sure what to do with the extra points since my GH squads and rhinos were full capacity, so I wasnt sure what to do..I liked the priests because they can provide some protection vs psychic attacks with their talismans, plus the servo arm in cc should help out with the squad leaders PW..hopefully it will discourage people from assaulting them..but if they do..then hopefully they cn take a few with them!

Any other thoughts?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Keep the first one but put 2 RP if you don't have the missiles.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
First list. You need fire power and that has more than the second. Just change up the HQ and dump some terms. Well, IDK. Second one ain't bad. Do you have all the models for both lists?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Then throw those two LF units into the first list aswell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts