Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armour, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer, Saga of the Bear, 2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armour, Storm Shield, Powerfist, Wolftail Necklace, Saga of the Wolfkin, 2 Fenrisian Wolves

Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armor, Storm Shield, Frost Axe, Saga of the Warrior, 2 Fenrisian Wolves

10 Grey Hunters, 2 melta guns, mark of the wulfen + Rhino

15 Fenrisian Wolves

6 Long Fangs with 5 missile launchers
6 Long Fangs with 3 heavy bolters and 2 lascannons

Im waiting to see what you all say about this list.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You need to specialize your list. Figure out which type you want to build and go with it because this isn't troop scary, cc scary, or longfang scary.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i rather like it, but i would drop one Lord and the Fenrisian Wolves in favor of having some TWC to join up with the remianing two Lords.

3 ICs just stick out for my liking, but this could work.

good hunting.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
List didn't win; the player won. Good enough player can kick your ass fielding plastic crap.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, its Goatboy's list. Hang on...Linky.

Adepticon has some soft scoring alright but that list did beat face over there. If I were fighting it I'd pop the Rhinos, then the Fangs and finally the Hunters while feeding stuff to the Wolfblob.

Don't bother shooting the Wolves if you have a unit you want to pit against it - the Wolves are a liability for combat res and if you position your units cleverly he'll not be able to counter attack his Lords into your units as they'll be cock-blocked by their own pets. It is easier said than done though.

A charging Furioso with Blood Talons would be lolling in his metal grave-vehicle with all the extra attacks and re-rolls but he'd need to be supported by something hard to take the hits from the Lords. Terminators with Shields spring to mind.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You don't seem to undestand this but I will say it again: payer won, not the list. The player was good. The list is soso.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Also, Goatboy imposes penalties on himself in his listbuilding...

A quote from his competative lists post - "These are what I consider competitive and still being able to give some kind of a game. Really my only desire is to give my opponent a game, whether it is a competitive one or just a fun one. I want to give them something that they can have fun with. Of course I might table you, but still I want to have fun."

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
You don't seem to undestand this but I will say it again: player won, not the list. The player was good. The list is soso.
i agree there, a good player can take OK lists and make them own.

not to mention there's always a lot of things we dont know about (might be in a batrep somewhere, but i didn't bother looking) which are not mentioned in this thread like: terrain layout, amt. of terrain on the board, the ability of opponents faced, armies the opponents fielded. you know conditions that are defined by pushers of expensive army men every where as the 'metagame.'

i wouldn't say the list is so-so; it's certainly not impressive by my playing style and what my local group likes to run, but it's above average. and from what i understand goatboy is very good at 40K-fu.

looking at the LF unit, with HB/LC, it looks dumb, but that's linear thinking screwing with the brains (at first glance i had the same opinion of that unit CLT40k had) but it's actually subtly genius.

LFs can split fire, so during deployment you can take chances with this unit and place it in the middle of the board. LCs knock out transports, and the HBs kill any units that are left wondering around, or at the least, provide cover fire to any would be attackers. that's a hell of a distraction.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
And I could do similar damage with a ML team. I should have said soso for a competitive list.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Mal, my thinking is that even with that ability, the opportunity cost of running max MLs still wins out. Agree about the other stuff...
absolutely, (and i didn't mean to come across as derrogatory) but i still contend its great bait/distraction.

going after it means that your TW Lords are ignored by another unit. ignoring it means you have something slowing down a tank or killing outright.

HB are not the greatest anti-tank weapons, but if you're going for a glance so a tank can't shoot, i'd feel confident 9 HB could do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts