Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My first post here at HO, migrated over from Dakkadakka, hoping to get some feedback on my Wolves list. :) Been playing about with a Champions of Fenris list for a while. Wanted to do a dreadnought & cavalry heavy list and recently shifted the emphasis away from the noughts and more onto the cavalry which I think will work out better.

HQ
Harald Deathwolf - 190

ELITE
Dreadnought - Venerable, Blizzard Shield, Great Axe, drop pod - 180
Dreadnought - Venerable, Blizzard Shield, Great Axe, drop pod - 180
Murderfang - drop pod - 170

FAST ATTACK
TWC x 4 - Storm Shield x 2, Wolf Claw x 2, Dual Wolf Claws x 2 - 290
TWC x 4 - Storm Shield x 2, Wolf Claw x 2, Dual Wolf Claws x 2 - 290
TWC x 4 - Storm Shield x 2, Wolf Claw x 2, Dual Wolf Claws x 2, Melta Bombs - 295

HEAVY SUPPORT
Stormfang Gunship - Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin Linked Multi-Meltas x 2 - 255

---------------------------
---------------------------

General idea is the shield noughts arrive in turn 1 and provide cover for the advancing TWC. Turn 2 onwards Murderfang and the gunship arrive to provide additional pressure, hopefully arriving when the cavalry are about to get stuck in so there are multiple big threats. Gunship is primarily tank/flyer hunting.

All C&C welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like what you are doing with the list. Haven't had a chance to use the new SW codex yet, but a friend of mine runs a list of mainly cavalry and they rock faces most of the time. Personally I like having a power fist or thunder hammer in the squad to make use of the S5 on the cavalry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts