Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this list for a friend who is starting competitive play tell me what you think.

Kor'Sarro Khan 160
Tigirius-230

Inquisitor-Emperors Tarrot,Targetor,Pychic hood,Close Combat weapon,bolt pistol 58
5 Assault Terminators-3 Thunderhammers,2 lighthing claws
Land Raider Reedemer-extra armour 255

(5)Tatical Squad-Melta 95
Razorback-Las/Plas 75
Razorback-Las/Plas 75
Razorback-Las/Plas 75
(5)Inquisitoral Storm Troopers-1 Melta 60
Chimera-Multi laser,Heavy Bolter 85
(5)Inquisitoral Storm Troopers-1 Melta 60
Chimera-Multi Laser,Heavy Bolter 85
(5)Inquisitoral Storm Troopers-2 Melta 70
Chimera-Multi Laser,Heavy Bolter 85

Well i was thinking this list could be effective in tournaments because it can ether be played in outflank and because of tigirus he gets to reroll reserves.

tell me what you think

·
Registered
220 Posts
i don't like las/plas, i go straight tllc for armor busting. To amplify the point, you have no specific ranged anti armor support, which you definitely need for this list.

Also, you can't pick a special weapon or a heavy weapon for a 5 man tactical squad. Is that the same for the stormtroopers? (ie. do stormtroopers need 10 man strong to utilize a special weapon/melta?)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't like las/plas, i go straight tllc for armor busting. To amplify the point, you have no specific ranged anti armor support, which you definitely need for this list.

Also, you can't pick a special weapon or a heavy weapon for a 5 man tactical squad. Is that the same for the stormtroopers? (ie. do stormtroopers need 10 man strong to utilize a special weapon/melta?)
Quoting the storm trooper rule from the daemonhunters codex
Up to two models may exchange their weapons for a flamer at +5 points,
a meltagun at +10 points

your right about the marine thing i fixed it

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'd drop Tigurius for a termie Libbie if your insist on a Libby of any kind. yeah, i know the generic can't do as much as Tiggy and doesn't help you on your Reserve Rolls, but if you're taking the Redeemer a generic Libby can still ride with Khan + termies, if that's your plan.

a psyker without a built in invulnerable save is a fail, hence the termie Libby + SS.

it would free up points to boot.

i'd drop a Storm Trooper unit to bolster the remainder units. Storm Troopers are squishier than Marines, so i'd say get more. when your Chimeras get busted you'll have more of a fighting chance for someone to survive the explosion.

good hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts