Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got tired of zerkers and plague marines and wanted something different. Since T-sons is an option, wanted to give this a try first as MoS means they go first. (yeah bad joke)

Winged Lash Prince

Lash Sorcerer

Noise Marines x9
8xSB
1xBM
Rhino w/Havoc

Noise Marines x9
8xSB
1xBM
Rhino w/Havoc

Noise Marines x9
Champ/P.Weap/Doom Siren
Rhino
(Sorcerer here)

Dreadnought
MM/XArmour

Dreadnought
MM/XArmour

Dreadnought
MM/XArmour

Defiler
DCCW

Defiler
DCCW

Well as uninteresting as it seems, I think it's time I used the dust collectors on the self. When i compare this to my usual 1850 list, I feel underpowered with only 3 Troops. I am open for critism to help make this a decent list if only for the fun games as I am tired of winning all the time against casual players and feel like giving them a chance (well sorta I do have two lashes, lol/sigh).

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm not certain of how good the multi-melta would be on the dreadnoughts, considering they will be doing something that would be bad for you (shooting wise) 1\3 of the time (either possibly shooting you, or not shooting at all.)

I would also drop one of the dreads for a third Defiler (for even more threat-spreading, also a 3rd battlecannon can't be bad :) ). This would also entail shortening the support noise marines (the ones without champ) down a bit to get the points. I assume the defilers have 2x CC weapons, yes?

Otherwise, it looks pretty menacing in it's own way. Plenty of big targets that will draw the opponents fire, leaving your (seemingly, but we know its not like that ;) ) harmless troops unharmed. So I wouldn't worry to much about only having 3 troop choices.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
certainly not the list i would build but i can see its effectiveness.

personally, i like having PF in CSM squads if they're meant to be in CC, even with NM as being tied up by a high toughness opponent sucks.

with the same idea, i'd use Doom Sirens as well.

i'm not sure i would use Dreads with MM, but then again, if you put them out in the very front of your army, they be be useful.

CC Defilers are not bad.

the biggest problem with this list is lack of long range fire support, and it would be simply remove Defilers and add Oblits, but i don't think that's the answer. the list would lose something fluid about it if you're going for fluff.

which way are you wanting to go with this? more assault oriented or more shooty?

that would help give you advice.

good hunting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am attempting to do more shooty as most of my lists are assaulty. I mean, come on, this is the bloody 41st century i wanna see guns not assault!

I think i may change the second BM squad to an assualt'ish squad with a champ and siren and dropping prince in favor for another sorcerer or blissgiver champ to assist in assault.

Yes defilers are set up with 2 DCCWs. I would like to use a third but only possess 2. Oblits are out of the question, I love them and all, but time to use something else, havocs just a little overpriced by 5 points with 4 MLs.

I just wanted to try the dreads with a MM and use the 45 degree arc rule and discuss it with opponet pre-game. If opponet agrees to this, then I will have front arc cover saves with dreads making a wall and defilers loobing shells over their heads.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts