·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ: Farseer; EJB & Spr. WARLORD
HQ: Farseer; EJB & Spr.
HQ: 8 Warlocks; x8 EJB

TRP: 5 Dire Avengers
>>> Wave Serpent; T.L. Lances, Shur. Cann. & H.F.

FA: 10 Warp Spiders

HVY: Fire Prism; H.F.
HVY: Fire Prism; H.F.
HVY: Night Spinner; Shur. Cann. & H.F.

=1,850 pts

I have played this list only two times and won once with only loosing two warlocks. I could drop the H.F.'s, Lock and a few spiders to add a Shard and some other goodness to the seer council. I have only played a handful of games with the new codex.

I feel that Vypers or Hawks would be the next best addition to this list if I shaved some of the upgrades mentioned earlier.

As an Eldar player I appreciate the "water'd down" aspect of this list.

What do you think?

TO THE WARP BROTHERS!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'll be honest. Its been a long time since I've seen a Seer Council on the table. The random generation of powers along with each unit only being able to cast a power once has really sort have brought down their popularity. That said, with 2 Farseers you have much better odds of getting Fortune (if that's your game) or Invisibility (if THATS your game). The Warlocks can still boost or curse units a bit, but doubled up powers there are a waste. Their main function becomes keep the unit alive and give out Warp Charges to the Seers.

Light Transports dont stand a chance against Warp Spiders and Wave Serpents. WS's (both) have more than reasonable fire power to slow/stop light transports from being effective.

Against high AV targets, very common in 1850, you have 2 lance shots and the Seer Council. If anyone shut down the Fire Prisms (not all that hard, they are only AV 12) they only have to speed bump or tarpit the council to prevent serious damage. Your Council, as it is, lacks Hit and Run to prevent this tactic. It will also face issues if it fails to get the +1 Armor power (though plenty of chances with 8 Warlocks) or if the power fails to go through or is denied. Templates or anything that ignores cover can do serious damage to things relying on a cover save. (Invisibility has less issue there, though)

Watch out for flyers and Flying MC's (a common Eldar problem) and I think the list will be fine. Between your Spiders and Serpents you can handle a couple Flyers. With 6 tanks, 1 heck of a deathstar, and 1 nasty fast attack unit the enemy will have a tough time gauging target priority. Just dont be caught in the open at inopportune moments and I think it should do fine (assuming you powers come out well, psykerstar=gambling)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts