Heavy

2 Oblits-150

2 Oblits-150

1 Preadator-130
extra armour
Heavy bolters
Havoc Launcher

Well the RTT is January 19th.
This is a list that I want to dominate with so, i'm not sure it's at that level yet so please HELP!

All comments welcome.:biggrin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a strong tourney list. Simple but effective. The biggest weakness I am seeing is the lack of mobility.

My only big suggestion of note is that your DP is a little too pricey for what you get. DP need mobility (unless they got lash) especially with the lack of good range (i.e. WoC or Warptime). A foot-slogging DP is easier to avoid and a juicy target for all those heavy weapons. I am more in favor of DP w/ Wings, MoS & Warptime. Cheaper and capable of going toe-to-toe with any high init unit.

Minor suggestions or preferences on my part would be getting a powerfist for at least one of your Noise Marines for more of a heavy-hitting assault. Also a Rhino or two to keep part of your army mobile.

·
Registered
77 Posts
impressive i like the list try some super heavies like a baneblade thought

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for your thoughts.
Ok, as much as I want to keep my daemon prince on there, I think he is often all by himself when it comes to assault.
And I could give my sorcerer a bike(IC have skilled Riders) instead, but the main reason I have him on wings is to maneouver behind my lines providing the lash were it is needed.
So what I could do is nuke my prince, and put a pread with HB and EA and possibly give my sons Rhinos.

HQ
Sorcerer-145
MoS
wings
LoS

Troops
(X2)Noise Marines-310
10 CSM
8 sonic blasters
1 blastmaster
1 Aspiring champ w/powersword

(X2)Thousand Sons-327
9 Thousand sons
1 Aspiring Sorcerer w/doombolt
Rhinow/ extra armour

Heavy

2 Oblits-150

2 Oblits-150

Preadator-115
AutoCannon
Heavy Bolters
Extra armour

Ok, this is a reworked(Barely) and relies more on shooting, but stationary firepower with the slaanesh and mobile with the S&P with the 1ksons in rhinos. Since the Slaanesh are 25 points a pop, I would prefer to use it to full effect with 24 shots per squad(Sonic Blasters).

Still have 15 points, and still looking for improvment.:grin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nitpick: the sorcerers in the 1k sons squads have to fire at the same target as the squad itself. For this reason, I would probably give them doombolt rather than a Bolt of Change. The Sons are great for shooting at MEQs, no better than the common bolter at shooting at anything tougher. The bolt of change is great for shooting at vehicles or Terminators, stuff with a 2+ or a really high toughness. Doombolt makes them mesh with the squad better. Otherwise, to really take advantage of the bolt of change, you need to make the rest of your almost 300 point squad waste their shooting. Also saves you enough points to give your rhinos extra armor.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I just updated the list after talking to a couple of people down at my local GW. They said that I need more anti-tank, but should keep the heavies how they are.
So here are my thoughts...get rid of the 2nd noise marine squad and put in a anti tank IoCG lascannon squad
Adding two more obliterators to the 2 squads of 2 for a total of 6.
I don't want to give my sorcerers bolt of change as that would make me too reliant on psychic powers and if runes of warding is on the field, i'm screwed.
or maybe a chosen squad(IoCG) with a lascannon/missle launcher and some combi bolters or other assault weapons. The reason being is that if I infiltrate chances are I will get a decent side shot at enemy vehicles.
Also, I could give the rhinos combi meltas because more often than not the opponent will be shooting the Tsons and not the whimpy 50pt rhinos.

I have three more days to prepare and I have all the Models...Now all I need is the last minute touch-ups.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, so the RTT ended and I managed to get 2nd, so a $35 regiment was nice(Always need more CSM) and i did alter my list just a little...I replaced one noise marine squad with 2 squads of 4 basic termies with Reaper Autocannons w/one powerfist each.
This performed well considering there was a lot of ork players there so the noise marines and pred got there points a couple times over.
The TSons performed well against those damn marine armies(Lost to a Dark Angels player b/c of deathwing) and the obliterators had a field day throughout all games.
The only thing that didn't perform as good as i wanted was, surprisingly, the lash. It was a bit of bad luck but on average he was moving them 4-7 inches which screwed over my pred the next turn. By me forgetting that he can't target an IC if it isn't the closest unit was how he died twice.
And the only armiy I had trouble with was Deathwing, even with my 4 plasma cannons it was tough, and it also had some ravenwing that were always breathing down my neck. It eventually came down to the bikers turbobusting to get a table quarter(cleanse, alpha) that contested it with my sons. Overall a good game and I learned a lot.

Thanks to everyone who commented, i doubt i could have done well without your help.:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts