Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The underused models in my collection have revolted. They have took hostages and are forcing me to write this list. Please forgive me.

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
Power Armour
ML 2 (Telepathy + Slaanesh)
(225)

5 Marines
Plasmagun

5 Marines
Plasmagun

(180)

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

(330)

1 Khorne Mutilator
1 Khorne Mutilator
1 Khorne Mutilator

(180)

5 Havocs
4 autocannons
(115)

Imperial Bunker + comm. array (75)

-Mayhem Pack-
3 Helbrutes, 3 Heavy flamers, 3 power scourge
(375)

-Chaos Daemons Allies-

The Masque of Slaanesh

15 Daemonettes
Alluress, Etherblade

Soulgrinder of Nurgle

The plan is simple: plasma marines and havocs, guard the base, using the bunker for cover/hiding place. ALL. THE. REST. DEEP. STRIKES. And that's the finest tactic you can have. BAM IN YOUR FACE.
Actually raptors could even jump the board but...it depends. Be prepared to lose many games, untill the Dice Gods are favourable and grants you many "Hit" on the Scatter dice. HIT FOR THE DICE GODS! 6's FOR THE THRONE OF DICE!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, we all have some skeletons in our closet. Wingless Prince, Mutilators, and the Masque... *shudders*

Daemonettes and Soul Grinders are ace units, though, so really that they qualify as unused is the issue here, not that they are junk units. I find the Daemonettes do better then Outflanked by a Herald on a Steed of Slaanesh, who also gives them the Exalted Locus of Beguilement (and has a Greater Etherblade herself for A6 I7 S5 WS7 AP2 attacks rerolling to hit on the charge... against the challenge foe of her choice, in a squad of about 45 WS5 attacks with rending and rerolls to hit--perhaps just 30ish or fewer, if enemy shooting after they Outflanked killed a few, but...)

Ahem. I'm surprised that wingless prince hasn't seen some use, at least on the sideboard, as a possibly choice for a Dark Apotheosis-upgraded champion of some sort.

Now you have me tempted to throw together a "least used" list of my own, based on my own collection...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo mossy, didn't noticed your comment :p

Daemonettes, yes, i had to put them, because, believe it or not I NEVER USED THEM!! SHOCK HORROR DISAPPROVAL!

Soulgrinder too sees rarely the light of the day. But i agree they are ace units.
Wingless prince has been used just once to represent an ascended Cultist champion..ahem. he deserved it, he killed a space marines champion: once in a century. Oh, and another battle, the wingless prince was brought down by 15 slugga boyz, during frigging OVERWATCH. So, i decided they repelled him in the warp for the next millennia (codex).

I guess i could really cripple this list with this modifications:

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
Power Armour
ML 2 (Telepathy + Slaanesh)
(225)

5 Marines
Plasmagun

5 Marines
Plasmagun

(180)

5 Terminators
5 combiplasma
1 chainfist
(188)

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

5 Raptors
2 flamers
meltabombs

(330)

1 Khorne Mutilator
1 Khorne Mutilator
1 Khorne Mutilator

(180)

Predator
heavy bolter sponsons
combibolter
havoc launcher
(112)

Imperial Bunker + comm. array (75)

-Mayhem Pack-
3 Helbrutes, 3 Heavy flamers, 3 power scourge
(375)

-Chaos Daemons Allies-

The Masque of Slaanesh

10 Daemonettes
Alluress, Etherblade

Less daemonettes, still needed to protect our Lady the Masque (she wears the masque because she is so ashamed of herself), removed the too mainstream nurgle grinder and autocannon havocs. Put in 5 Hipsters Terminators and the embarassing dakka predator: everyone talks about it, no one ever really fields it. Just like THAT good old friend that we never invite to our birthday party.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I just read something on the Masque that makes her at least slightly not awful in one situation: use her Dance of Caging on a Flyrant and it can only move D3 inches during its next movement phase, so it has to switch from Swooping to Gliding--prepare the assault! Could also lock down Knights, other FMCs, deathstars... whatever. As long as you can deliver her within 12" for that one phase before your opponent swats her. Auto-ground a Flyrant, though? In this almost-no-AA dex, that's a welcome sight!

An interesting niche use, perhaps, if not one worth fielding her for...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i honestly used her to give -5 BS to an enemy unit the turn it deepstriked...and then hit and run for the nasty ap2 dance...but that aa in a pinch seems glittering...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts