Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Been thinking of creating a contrasting force to my Dark Angels force, I really love the look and modelling opportunities that the Night Lords would present. I also have decided that I would base the force around the concept of being able to quickly redeploy my force on the battlefield.

HQ: Sorceror – 225 pts
ML3, Bike, Daemonheart, Balestar of Mannon, The Slaughterers Horns, Sigil of Corruption

Troop: 10 Chaos Space Marines -210 pts
2x Plasma
Rhino, Dirge Caster

Troop: 10 Chaos Space Marines -210 pts
2x Plasma
Rhino, Dirge Caster

Fast Attack: 10 Chaos Bikes – 245 pts
2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw

Fast Attack: 15 Raptors – 345 pts
Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, 2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw

Fast Attack: 15 Raptors – 345 pts
Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, 2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw

Heavy Support: Vindicator – 135 pts
Siege Shield, Combi Bolter

Heavy Support: Vindicator – 135 pts

2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Squire, thank you for your feedback I like the idea of smaller Troop choices for not much reduction in survivability plus three small units does then give me another hull to protect my Raptors with. I'm not really sure what another Fast Attack slot would actually provide me as apart from Warp Talons there is not that much in the section that I want to take (I know its probably the best slot in the FOC)

@Mossy Toes, I know that Raptors are not the most effective unit for the point cost but to me they are probably the most Iconic unit when I think of the Night Lords, plus it seems that I am leaning towards creating a Raptor Cult so cannot really replace all the Raptors with Bikes. I have however tweaked the list to gain some more protection for the Raptors as well as another Character

Lord - 185 pts
Bike, Blade of the Relentless, Daemonheart, Sigil of Corruption, The Slaughterers Horns

Sorcerer - 180 pts
ML3, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Balestar of Mannon

5 CSM - 125 pts
Plasmagun
Rhino

5 CSM - 125 pts
Plasmagun
Rhino

5 CSM - 125 pts
Plasmagun
Rhino

5 Chaos Bikers - 150 pts
2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

15 Raptors - 345 pts
MoK, Icon of Wrath, Meltagun x2, Lightning Claw

15 Raptors - 345 pts
MoK, Icon of Wrath, Meltagun x2, Lightning Claw

Vindicator - 135 pts

Vindicator - 135 pts

2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is actually quiet an attractive prospect, the only issue would be what I would take for the allied HQ slot and what I would drop from the list to fit that choice in as I cannot ally in another Crimson Slaughter force or can I?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.