Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
In perfect honesty, if I were to min-max the list to my own specifications, I might take a naked Axe of Ruin sacrificial Lord (probably in that Rhino, if you don't buy the extra melta--and he won't disembark from the Rhino when the squad does, so the enemy still have to crack the Rhino just for a shot at the Slay the Warlord point... that 1 point that gives you a 190 point discounted Bloodthirster!)
Good suggestions overall, mossy. I support your list changes. It will be a good list.
However, regarding the quoted part: i think the naked lord is just a waste of points AND a free kill point for the enemy. even if the opponent kill the rhino and the lord in the second turn, you won't be able to charge with the thister until 4th turn.... much wow.
I'd rather kit a lord for melee and have it charge in 2nd turn that have an unguaranteed charge on the 4th and ALSO conceding slay the warlord. Until the Deepstriking issue with the "summoned" units is clarified, the Daemonkin codex has a cool mechanic that would work only in a 10 turn game, and thats it. I consider this like the Infernal Key of the vanilla csm codex. Cool mechanic, crappy implementation. Also, knowing that, i'd never kill the Lord in the first three turns. The lord, kitted that way, is just harmless. it dies turn 3 and the thirster never get to charge. who on earth is going to waste firepower on an naked rhino with a naked lord inside that is more dangerous dead? i'd just let him to his things (say, killing cultists equivalents???)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts