Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The Khorne Daemonkin has been out for a while and I decided to make a list out of it. I don't think is too competitive but unit dying in my rush list are dying for something. So, whitout further due, here is the list I come up with:

Slaughtercult: 822pts

Chaos Lord 250pts
Blood-forged Armour, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, PowerFist, Sigil of Corruption

Same as last time, a killing machine. He will be the warlord and I give him the fist in case I come up against Hight Toughness. The Armour means I don't need to be scared of Grey Knight anymore (I play a lot against them) but I might want to change it for the Axe of Ruine. This will save me some points and I might be able to denie the Warlord Kill.

8x Chaos Cultist 63pts
Flamer

Blood Tithe Points and Objectifs holder, and I had 5 points left so I give them a flamer.

1x Chaos Spawn 32pts
1x Chaos Spawn 32pts

Two Chaos Spawn just because they are annoying, fast, "hard to kill", and can actually do something in combat. They are also Blood tithe points

5x Possessed 185pts
Rhino

I like the possessed, maybe expensive but hit hard on the charge

8x Bloodletter 80pts

I put this guys in because I want a unit able to DeepStrick where I need them. They can DS in an objectif or be nuisance.

8x CSM 180pts
Boltguns, 1 Meltagun, MeltaBomb Rhino

I painted the model and I would like to use them. Also, maybe I should give them CCW?

Gorepack: 602pts

3x Chaos Bikers 101pts
3x Chaos Bikers 101pts
2 Meltaguns and Melta bombs each unit

Two unit of this guy to open some tanks for me to charge!

15x Flesh Hounds 240pts

They will scout my lord to get him into CC. Do 15 are overkill? 10 might be enough.

5x Flesh Hounds 80pts
5x Flesh Hounds 80pts

Two more units of this guys to be a nuisance. I beleive that this guys can deal with unit used for support fire.

3x War Engine: 425pts

Maulerfiend 130pts
Magma Cutters

Maulerfiend 140pts
Lasher Tendrils

Soul Grinder 155pts
Baleful Torrent, Harvester Cannon

They will all run up the board with teh Soulgrinder giving some supporting fire and Anti-air.

And, this is 1849 point total. So, what do you think?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Chaos Lord 250pts
Blood-forged Armour, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, PowerFist, Sigil of Corruption
Sorry, there's no SoC in the Daemonkin book--just an AoDG. I'd probably also go Lightning Claw rather than Axe of Khorne, for the halved cost and the far-more-often-wounding against middling Toughness, 3+ or worse infantry. The Power Fist is there to cover everything else--the Lightning Claw just allows some at-initiative removal of light enemy crowds before they get to attack back. Still, always AP2 all the time is nothing to sniff at, and Decapitating Blow is fun too!

8x CSM 180pts
Boltguns, 1 Meltagun, MeltaBomb Rhino

I painted the model and I would like to use them. Also, maybe I should give them CCW?
I'd probably go for CCWs, yeah. Not paying more points for, just swapping bolters for--4 attacks on the asault is fun, but more important is the 2 attacks every subsequent round for mop up once Rage has worn off. Plus, well, you don't need those bolters when assaulting!

I might also try to get 2 more CSM and another melta into this squad, since they're not carrying a character--with 8 minimum, you're so close to the second special weapon you might as well go the last 40-odd points. And if you've saved 25 points on the Lord making the changes I mentioned there... just about 1 Flesh Hound away from that upgrade for twice as much melta! (at a range)

With regards to the Flesh Hounds, I'd probably personally try to take advantage of the 4th slot on option and go the 5-5-5-10 (or 5-5-5-9, as it were, with my tweaks). 15 would, almost certainly, weather whatever firepower your opponent throws at it, but... I think it's a few too many eggs in one basket if a Knight assaults it or something. Plus, well, you're committed to MSU with solo spawn and several Rhinos and cultists, etc, already, so... might as well take that one step more.

Looks like a pretty solid list, all told. I quite like it, and imagine I'll be running similar lists in the near future. A solid amount of armor with the 3 walkers supporting the Rhinos, and what lovely walkers they are. A nice crowd of bikers and hounds, too--maulerfiends, soul grinder, bikers, flesh hounds? Sounds like a list to remember!

In perfect honesty, if I were to min-max the list to my own specifications, I might take a naked Axe of Ruin sacrificial Lord (probably in that Rhino, if you don't buy the extra melta--and he won't disembark from the Rhino when the squad does, so the enemy still have to crack the Rhino just for a shot at the Slay the Warlord point... that 1 point that gives you a 190 point discounted Bloodthirster!), and spend the points saved on the Lord and a few of those now-unnecessary extra flesh hounds in the retinue on a 3rd minimum-strength squad of bikers. More fast double-melta zipping up the field and pincering Knights! More units acting as threats! An active deterrent to prevent your opponent from killing your cheap Warlord (who you can always upgrade into a non-giving-away-Slay-The-Warlord DP or BT)!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
In perfect honesty, if I were to min-max the list to my own specifications, I might take a naked Axe of Ruin sacrificial Lord (probably in that Rhino, if you don't buy the extra melta--and he won't disembark from the Rhino when the squad does, so the enemy still have to crack the Rhino just for a shot at the Slay the Warlord point... that 1 point that gives you a 190 point discounted Bloodthirster!)
Good suggestions overall, mossy. I support your list changes. It will be a good list.
However, regarding the quoted part: i think the naked lord is just a waste of points AND a free kill point for the enemy. even if the opponent kill the rhino and the lord in the second turn, you won't be able to charge with the thister until 4th turn.... much wow.
I'd rather kit a lord for melee and have it charge in 2nd turn that have an unguaranteed charge on the 4th and ALSO conceding slay the warlord. Until the Deepstriking issue with the "summoned" units is clarified, the Daemonkin codex has a cool mechanic that would work only in a 10 turn game, and thats it. I consider this like the Infernal Key of the vanilla csm codex. Cool mechanic, crappy implementation. Also, knowing that, i'd never kill the Lord in the first three turns. The lord, kitted that way, is just harmless. it dies turn 3 and the thirster never get to charge. who on earth is going to waste firepower on an naked rhino with a naked lord inside that is more dangerous dead? i'd just let him to his things (say, killing cultists equivalents???)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts