(2)Attack Bike squad-100 pts
2 multi-meltas

Heavy support:

(5)Devastator Squad-170 pts
2 plasma cannons
2 missile launchers

Predator-120 pts
Lascannon side sponsons

Pedro, the sternguard, and the terminators (and maybe an attack bike squad) storm the objective while the rest protect my objective.

The locator beacons on the drop pod insure no scatter for the other drop pod and the deep striking termies.

The power fists on the sternguard are only to go with the crimson fists cause they use a lot of power fists.:)

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
If you drop the deathwind missile launchers off both pods, and make your devastator squads all missile launchers you can beef up your sternguard squads with more bodies/more special weapons.

If you want to use power fists, I'd move them to your tactical sergeants, they'll get more use there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
if your going to drop the stern guard in pods make them ten strong so you can combat squad them, then you can give them combi meltas and combi plasma and squad them out to pop a transport and then plasma the inside. from what i have heard the stern guard do better in rhinos or razorbacks. the theory is if you drop out and shoot something you get killed and your so expensive you havent done much before death. i have used them in pods and flanked going for everything on one side first so its harder to kill them off. ie, podding in 3 groups all on one side and popping three transports and killing off as much as possible of the contents on one side before they can assault. if they deploy just right it works perfect, if not...well...not so much...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts