HQ
War Boss-150
-Bike
-Power Klaw
-Attack Squig
-Boss Pole
-'Eavy Armour
-Boss pole
You have 2 Bosspoles. Also, you dont need Eavy Armour because the bike grants a 4+ save anyway. You do need Cybork Body though.

Elites
(8)Nob bikers-555
-Bikes
-2xPower Claw
-6xBig Choppa
-'eavy Armour
-Pain Boy
-Waahhhh Bannor
Once again, you dont need Eavy Armour if you have a bike, however you do need Cybork Body.
I would put a Bosspole in this unit, and a couple of Kombi-Scorchas, and a couple with normal choppa instead of the big choppa. Try to arm them all differently to make the most of wound allocation.
This squad is quite expensive really. I think 5-6 with the Warboss would be enough.

Troops
Boys-90
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Boss Pole
Trukk-50
-Wrecking Ball
-Boarding Plank
I assume thats 10 Boyz? Make it 12 instead. You want to cram as many Boyz in there as you possibly can. Drop the Wrecking Ball and Boarding Plank too, the cheaper you keep your Trukks the better.
Boys-90
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Boss Pole
Trukk-50
-Wrecking Ball
-Boarding Plank
As above.
Boys-90
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Boss Pole
Trukk-50
-Wrecking Ball
-Boarding Plank
As above.
Boys-90
-Nob
-Power Klaw
-Boss Pole
Trukk-50
-Wrecking Ball
-Boarding Plank
As above.

Fast Attack
(20)Storm Boys-330
-Boss ZagStruk
Im not really a fan of them personally. I believe normal Boyz are just as effective. They are just as mobile in a transport, have extra protection, can capture objectives, and are cheaper.

(3)Deff Copta-200
-Buzz Saw
I dont really like the Buzzsaw. If you want to run Deffkoptas, then keep them basic with twin-linked rokkits. Only ever use them in units of 1. In a unit of 3, one dies and you have to make a leadership test. You fail, they fall back, and the other 2 go to waste.
Overall, its not too bad.
A Big Mek with a KFF would help the Trukks a LOT. A couple of Battlewagons would be even better.
The only concern is that it is a semi-mech army. Semi-mech is generally a downfall in 5th ed. It makes target priority to easy for the opponent.
If you go purely mech, it denies the opponent the use of their anti-infantry and low strength weaponry. If you go purely horde, then it denies the opponent the use of their expensive anti-tank weaponry. If you go 50:50, then the opponent can maximize the effectiveness of all of their firepower.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Take the eavy' armor off the bikers because the already have 4+ cover and feel no pain saves :grin:
Actually, the warbikes give them 4+ armor as well. So it truly is redundant.

Decent list overall, you should see some modicum of success, mostly for people not being able to deal well with nob bikers unless they really know what they're doing.

Zagstrukk is dangerous but fairly effective. I prefer snikrot kommandos for a unit to appear anywhere and assault

1 - 4 of 4 Posts