Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my friends bday soon and he wanted a 1850 point list but irdk alot about them. So I downloaded a pdf of the ork codex and read through it and came up with this.

HQ
Warboss -(105)
-Mega Armour
-Attack Squig

Big Mek -(150)
-Shokk-attack gun
-Kustom Force Field
-'Eavy Armour

Elites
5x Burna Boys -(75)

8x Tankbustas -(135)
-2x Tankhammers
-3x Bomb Squigs

Troops
5x Meganobz -(200)

Deff Dread -(115)
-2 more Dreadnought CC weapons
-Armour Plates

30x Ork Boyz -(225)
-stikkbombs
-3x Bigshootas

30x Ork Boyz -(180)
-Shootas

Fast Attack
20x Stormboyz -(240)

Heavy Support
3x Killa Kans -(205)
-Armour Plates
-Kustom Mega-Blasta

Big Gun -(20)
-Kannon

8x Flash Gitz -(200)

totals up 1850 solid. Please advice is greatly wanted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HQ
Warboss -(105)
-Mega Armour
-Attack Squig

Warboss needs a PK and if you are footslogging it then Mega Armour isn't a good choice. So something like PK, Shoota / Scorcha, Cybork Armor and Attack Squig would be good.

Big Mek -(150)
-Shokk-attack gun
-Kustom Force Field
-'Eavy Armour

Cannot do both Shokk-Attack Gun and KFF it is either one or the other. Don't get these guys in CC. Attach them to a unit and I wouldn't worry about Heavy Armour. At best it a bandaid after your leg is blown off.

Elites
5x Burna Boys -(75)

5 aren't worth nothing and if you don't have them in a battlewagon then don't take them. Get some more Nobs and learn about wound allocation. Wound Allocation is your friend. Nobs need cybork and a painboy.

8x Tankbustas -(135)
-2x Tankhammers
-3x Bomb Squigs

Scratch these & the Flash Gitz and get some Lootas. Tankbusters are good in a mech list where you can control them a bit. You cannot control them at all in a foot slogging list.

Troops
5x Meganobz -(200)

Slow and no invunerable saves. Go with Nobz instead and read about wound allocation.

Deff Dread -(115)
-2 more Dreadnought CC weapons
-Armour Plates

The set up for this guy is 3 CC weapons and 1 Scorcha

30x Ork Boyz -(225)
-stikkbombs
-3x Bigshootas

Needs a Nob with a PK & BP. Big shootas should go with shoota boyz instead of choppa boyz. Stikkbombs?...really like orks ever go first in CC. You don't need them.

30x Ork Boyz -(180)
-Shootas

Needs a Nob with PK & BP. The big shootas should be with these boyz

Fast Attack
20x Stormboyz -(240)

Needs a Nob with PK & BP. Not my favorite fast attack. I prefer Deff Kopters with twin linked rockets. Like 3 Deff Kopters and use the points somewhere else.

Heavy Support
3x Killa Kans -(205)
-Armour Plates
-Kustom Mega-Blasta

Need more Kans for a Kan wall. Plus give them Grotszookas or Rockets. Heck even Big Shootas would be better.

Big Gun -(20)
-Kannon

They are needed in 3 gun units. So 3 Kannons or my preference 3 Loobas.

8x Flash Gitz -(200)

Bah trash...get some Lootas instead

You need more Boyz or go for a Mech List with Battlewagons. I would always go KFF on the Big Mek.

totals up 1850 solid. Please advice is greatly wanted.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Boss needs cybork body and only has mega armour if in a transport as it has slow and purposeful ;)

You cannot have a KFF and shokk attack gun on the big mek ;)

You need more burnas as they use the numbers, plus they need a transport or getting no where. Never put a 8" flamer template on foot!

Tankbustas are naff I'm afriad.

Meganobz on foot is bad, they need a transport or ditch them for nobz with cybork bodies so they have a invulnerable and have a transport.

Without gonig on much further you need to decide whether you want a foot list or mech list, not a mix because it won't work. If you're gonig foot take protection in form of kanz and KFF but not slow units like meganobz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts