Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to create a list for a local tournament. Lots of tanks and knights and deathstars so please comment suggestions welcome.

Big Mek Shokk attack gun, pk, bosspole
BIg mek Kustom FOrce Field, Da Fix Upperz (rides in Gorkanaut)
BIg Mek Kustom mega blasta, pk, boss pole, heavy armour, cybork

3- meks- kustom mega blastas each joins a boyz unit

20 orks NOb, pk, boss pole
20 orks Nob, pk, boss pole
20 orks Nob, pk, boss pole

5 tank bustas Nob, bosspole, trukk
5 tank bustas Nob, bosspole, trukk

5 burna boyz 3 meks with kustom mega blastas

gorkanaut- grot riggers

Burna Bomber- 4 skorcha missles
2 deffkoptas twin kustom mega blasta, 1-buzz saw
2 deffkoptas twin kustom mega blasta, 1 buss saw

This totals 1544 so what to add or change?

I wanted to give the army lots of fire power and staying power as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
one thing you might want to have a think about is maybe two units of 3 Kanz just to take a bit of heat off the orkanaut one set with maybe rokkits one set with grotzookas or a combination of 3 kanz and 10 lootas to go with the orkanaut.

i used something similar in a list i ran worked pretty well having the two units of kanz and the gorkanaut, i kept the Kanz in range of the KFF and put the burna boyz unit inside the gorkanaut and my oponent couldn't bring it down. was a very devastating heavy support force.

other than that another unit of boyz and some lootas

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i'd take 8-10 bikers to add a fast threat.
then a unit of grots for that useful camper unit.
instead of bikers you could go lootas heavy or mekgunz heavy.
6 zzap kannons could be veeery funny :)
About burnaz...you took them for the kustm blasta right? are they footslogging? if so, they die turn one...i can see that

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'd take 8-10 bikers to add a fast threat.
then a unit of grots for that useful camper unit.
instead of bikers you could go lootas heavy or mekgunz heavy.
6 zzap kannons could be veeery funny :)
About burnaz...you took them for the kustm blasta right? are they footslogging? if so, they die turn one...i can see that
I love bikers, I have 20 of them collecting dust, but mine seem to die quickly. Same thing with lootas love them, love the models. I never kill anything with them.
Mek guns was what I was thinking as well.
My burnas are either going to be camping on home objective, bodyguard for warlord or riding in the Gorkanaut. Mine get ignored and kill anything that gets to close to them. Any deep strikers or drop pods usually get a face full of Mega blasta and burna which so far has been effective at keeping opponents away.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i see. i also find funny that your super heavy survives the first three turns! expecially becuase you just lack any scarier unit...the 'naut just ask to be shot...
Anyway which mekgun do you like the bost? i've found bubblechucckas to be quite unreliable but when they rock, they rock hard! zzap guns are load of fun :)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i see. i also find funny that your super heavy survives the first three turns! expecially becuase you just lack any scarier unit...the 'naut just ask to be shot...
Anyway which mekgun do you like the bost? i've found bubblechucckas to be quite unreliable but when they rock, they rock hard! zzap guns are load of fun :)
And I want him to be shot at. With the grot riggers and the big mek riding inside most shots are absorbed by the KFF or repaired by the grot riggers any lose of hull points gets fixed by the big mek with his Da Fixer Upperz tools. So now my opponent becomes fixed on killing it instead of the rest of the army which usually happens.

I agree with you on bubblechuckkas when they hit they hit hard but when they don't they suck. I kind of feel the same way about zzap guns.

I was thinking of going with either lobbas or to keep with the theme of the army Kustom mega-kannon for more AP2 goodness.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
definitely the megakannon!
actually i underestimeted the layer of 5+ protection on that 'naut...i wuld like to see a report :)

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
I agree with neferhet on the bikers, I run about 6 of em with a nob with a power klaw. can get really devastating if used correctly. I just turbo boost 1st turn and im within charging range by turn 2 so I can swing that power klaw to take out a tank.

dead killy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts