- Squig Hound

Gretchin (x10)
- Runtherd
- Squig Hound

Mek Gunz
- 3 Kannons

Mek Gunz
- 3 Traktor Kannons

This comes in at 1821 points. The idea is to have a (relatively) fluffy snakebite army that is just a green tide with a deathstar (the nob bikers) to harass the enemy early and draw fire away from the advancing boys. Formation lets me Waaagh! every turn, and if I'm lucky I can reroll my Ork warlord trait to Prophet of the Waagh! for a Fearless grot tarpit/screen.

But, are my non boyz elements enough? There isn't a TON of aircraft where I play, but I wanted a way to deal with it, and the kannons are a feeble attempt to provide some non-PK anti vehicle. I need six mobs no matter what; but would it be better for me to make some trukboyz? Reduce the PK invetment and make some nobs big choppas? Get a dakkajet? Any opinions would help, and I'd appreciate some of da older Bosses telling me what I might be doing wrong.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lobbas seem to be better this edition so I'd lean toward those (with ammo runts). When you're running this many Boyz one (or two) KFF's seem almost mandatory. You've taken the Ork Horde Detachment, so you definitely have the room for the two in addition to keeping your Boss. At the very least I'd try and squeeze one in.

If Flyers aren't a huge concern then you can knock off one gun to shave points.

As for fluff, Snakebites don't usually have shootas. They'd rather club stuff to death. I understand why you'd take shootas (although slugga/choppa isn't bad) but switching for fluff would net you 120 pts, definitely enough for a Big Mek w/ KFF + Killsaw without dropping the gun. This gets you another Mek if you want.

Also, 29 pts will get you an additional Kannon (or Lobba if you switch directions) and Ammo Runts for the squad. Look up the Barrage rules if you don't know them and you'll see why you'd want them. Heavy Armour will give you a lot of trouble no matter what as Ork anti-vehicle is kind of iffy other than a Warboss with PK.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Many people will recommend a KFF but I run a foot slooger army and never take one. Mainly because the ten times I did take a KFF everything died quickly so I spend the points on other things.
If you aren't to worried about flyers but want some anti air just in case I would take lootas, then you have a unit that can shoot at ground and air stuff. If you have no planes to shoot at the traktor kannons aren't doing anything but sitting there.
a couple lobbas might be good to toss in as well but kannons are my favorite.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like to see all the boys! :victory:

I'm not sure about your bikers. You've got a Warboss, 3 Nobs and a Pain Boy; so eight wounds plus a 5+ Feel No Pain. From a harass point of view I agree, it will definitely get your opponents attention. My concern is if you scream forward and he concentrates all fire on you (likely) you've bought your boys time but handed your opponent First Blood and Kill the Warlord; you're now down 2 victory points at the end of turn one.

If everyone else in the list is walking.. I'd walk my boss; give him Mega Armor and saunter down the field in your hoard. Buy a couple of Kustom Force Fields if you want. Go crazy and use Gaz.

For distraction I'd use Deff Koptas; their fast, cheap and have twin linked rockets... definitely an attention getter.

My 2 cents.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Warboss
- Warbike
- Power Klaw
- Da Lucky Stikk
Pretty reasonable. I'm not really sure on Da Lucky Stikk on someone who's not in Mega-Armour, but it's far from bad.

Mek
- Killsaw
- Kombi Skorcha
Doesn't need the Killsaw, he's a support character. Would also debate the usefulness of the Skorcha.

Nobs (x3)
- Warbikes
- 2x Power Klaw
- Big Choppa
- Bosspole
Expensive and fragile. Do not like. Either bring a proper Nob Bikers unit, and bring six or seven of them, or just get regular warbikers and save points.

Gretchin (x29)
- (2x) Runtherd
- Squig Hound
You need them for the formation, so why not.

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota

Ork Boyz (x20)
- Slugga/Choppa
- Nob
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw
- Shoota
Getting pretty unwieldy with this many Boyz, but you need them for the Formation, so I guess it has to slide.

* Combined Arms Detachment *

Painboy
- Bike

Painboy (x2)
Not really sure where the other Painboyz are going. Boyz before toyz - just get more dudes for the price. You can almost get 20 more dudes for the price of these two fellas.

Gretchin (x10)
- Runtherd
- Squig Hound

Gretchin (x10)
- Runtherd
- Squig Hound
We have too many Gretchin. Fifty Grots is waaaay too many.

Mek Gunz
- 3 Kannons

Mek Gunz
- 3 Traktor Kannons
Traktor Kannons are good, but Kannons are just inexcusable when it costs as much as two Boyz to make them into Mega-Kannons.

Yah, the list is really unwieldy. You'll bog yourself down in dudes. You have nearly 200 bodies to move around, which is frankly ridiculous - I struggle at 100 Boyz and no Grots, and any army that can focus on one part of your battle line will take you apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts